Not seeing any changes :(

Options
So I've been trying really hard these last few weeks, barely ever gone over my calorie goal of 1200, I've been doing at least an hour of exercise every day, including Pilates, and I've tried eating more veg and other things. At first my weight came off quite quickly but now it has gone up and is staying there, and I don't know why? It can't be muscle because I'm eating at a deficit, so any ideas please? I also found I bloat and get very painful stomach cramps after eating bread, so I've cut that out, could that cause anything like this?
Thanks
Hannah

Replies

• onandoff
    onandoff Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    What do you do besides Pilates? High intensity training or something less intense?
    Assuming you eat enough for the type of ex you do, you might just need to change your routine a little to get rid of this plateau. Spice things up a bit so the body doesn't get used to the workout.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    not enough information for appropriate feedback
  • hanwyz
    hanwyz Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Besides Pilates I stick to walking, skipping (rope jumping) and things like that - I have fibromyalgia and hyper-mobility so can't do anything too high impact currently. I am planning on getting a dance work out dvd to get some more cardio in there. What other info is needed? I nearly always eat most of my exercise calories back and I try to stick to a balanced diet. I like the idea of changing things, so might start doing more walking and less Pilates for a bit. Im wondering if I need to up my calorie intake? Whether I am eating too little... I'm on 1200 calories a day, wondering if I should up it. Just feeling a bit down in the dumps as am trying really hard and am not getting anywhere :(
  • jherold41300
    jherold41300 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you are. I have lost 9 pounds and cannot seem to get over the hump to 10 pounds lost. However, I do have a few restrictions due to a knee injury right now, I have been walking and watching what I am eating. Due to my knee injury I have to stick to low impact workouts in which I do not always feel like I am accomplishing a whole lot. I noticed that you said that you were eating most of your exercise calories back, I ran into a wall a while back because I was doing that. If you can try not to eat all of your exercise calories back. Dont give up!
  • hanwyz
    Options
    Thanks :) I will try swapping exercises and cutting down on eating back my exercise calories :)
  • onandoff
    onandoff Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    If you feel tired and lack energy, you're not eating enough.
    As for the workout, try some dancing (the style you prefer but low-impact) or any workout that is not overly agressive.
  • hanwyz
    Options
    Hmmm, think I am eating enough then, surprisingly since starting exercise again I have had more energy than before, I'll keep the calories where they are for now then... Dancing sounds fun :) and if something is fun, I'm more likely to do it :)
  • bvw665
    bvw665 Posts: 7
    Options
    Your calories are extremely low to begin with. Then you add exercise with that and your net carbs are sub 1000. Your body is pretty much in starvation mode. You need to recalculate your calorie maintenance and go from there.