30 Day Shred Advice

Options
Hi guys,

I run regularly and am on a 1300kcal diet (+ eating back my calories!) currently. I'm reaching the point where I want to tone up.

I tend to do a couple of 3 or 4 mile runs during the week in the mornings before work, and then another 5 to 8 mile run at the weekends depending on whether I'm training for something when it can be as much as 10+. Running began as an attempt to lose weight and ended up as a strange compulsion!

I absolutely HATE the gym (cancelled my membership for like the 4th time recently as I was just going for the weight machines which I always had to wait ages for) and then stumbled across the 30-Day Shred exercise program on MFP. It sounds perfect for me as I want to get toned but also do it at home!

I would like to pick the brains of those of who have done it though;

1. Are you required to do the work out every single day? Or is that only if you want the results within 30 days? I was thinking of doing it on the days that I'm not running (so 4 or 5) as I don't want to overdo it or spend too much of my valuable time exercising if I can help it - it needs to slot into my life conveniently and I don't always have 30 minutes to spare if I'm away from home etc.

2. How maintainable is it? Is there some sort of maintenance program or do you just lose the results if you don't continue to do it every day for the rest of your life?

Let me know what you think, guys!

[EDIT] Apologies, I just realised there is a separate board for Fitness and Exercise posts... can somebody move this for me? :embarassed:

Replies

• rachelwilliams93
    rachelwilliams93 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I started 30 day shred a while back and its brill, I have just started it over again now, I saw great results, toned my legs, bum and tum, they say to work at 5 days a week with this dvd at minimum, so everyday would be good, its can be challenging at first but if you stick to it you will see amazing results.
  • hzliiz
    hzliiz Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I took one day off a week while doing shred. After I finished I moved on to Ripped in 30. When I finish that, I plan to do a different shred or ripped workout each day I work out. With three shred levels and four ripped levels I won't repeat a workout in a week. When it cools down enough to run outside again I'll mix probably two running days in, but otherwise I think I'll stick to JM workouts for the foreseeable future -- I love how effective they are in a minimum amount of time each day, and I know not everyone does but I actually like Jillian's style.