Women over 60

Options
I'm an over 60 female new to this website and having trouble losing weight. Are there other women on this website in the same situation? I'd love to hear your story and any ideas you can pass along. BJ

Replies

• cjholgu
    cjholgu Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi am over 60 and I have lost 21 lbs in 3 months. I thought I knew all there was to know about weigt loss,and I have been on every fad diet there is. Feeling desperate I decided to attend a slim down class that my insurance company offered. I was very skeptical and ask the dietician if others on this program had lost weight She assured me they had. So I followed the program which was simply counting calories, weighing and measuring your food and of course reading material to re-educate myself . Most of the info I already knew but I had forgotten how to eat properly. Nothing was forbidden just stay below my calorie count and try to exersise 4 days a week. We used the new FDA guide lines for nutrition. Divide your plate in to 4ths 1/4 protein (about 3-4 oz 1/4 starch( 4 oz serving and 1/2 vegatables. Two fruit servings a day while you are trying to lose. Good luck, just keep trying and drink pleaty of water!
  • kutterba
    kutterba Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hi there ladies. Almost 65, in fact, have received my Medicare card! When I was younger - MUCH younger! I tried every fad including starvation, that came along. Now that I'm on mfp, whole different story! Eat what I want, when I want, with a focus on good nutrition. We started a garden - vegetables grow really well here in Oregon! :happy:
    On my page (kutterba) there is only one friend left. The other five are just gone. Feel free to friend me if you want encouragement every day. :flowerforyou:

Katey:drinker: