Jillian Michals 30 Day Shred

Options
I just finished level 1 of Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. Does anyone know on average how many calories are burned during the 20 minute level 1 session? My calorie tracker doesn't work well for DVD workouts...

Replies

• angellmoore
    angellmoore Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    When I first started it I burned around 150 calories. I finished it, then did ripped in 30. Now when I go back to 30 day shred I am lucky if I burn 100 calories.
  • colleensmommy1
    Options
    Other posters have said to enter it under general circuit training
  • Antoine112
    Antoine112 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Mfp lists 165 calories during a 20 minute circuit training session. So that's what I Log in for my exercise. It sure feels like a lot more though! I can't wait to see the results at the end of the 30 days!
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I use an HRM. it says between 95 to 101 for me. I do modify though due to my age and my bad hip.
  • jorasims
    jorasims Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Not nearly as much as you would think! Somewhere between 100-170 calories depending on your intensity level...
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    That sounds about right, I never got over 150, 160, when I used an HRM vs MFP circuit training. When you think about it, the cardio is just a minute every so often and it's only 20 minutes not including cooldown. You do burn lifting but I think it's not reflected on a HRM like aerobic activity is. You still get firm and lose inches though and if you aren't used to the pace, as I wasn't months ago, you will lose some weight.
    I found the fitter I got, the less it registered which makes sense, I wasn't pushing my heart quite as much, but that's good. : )