FitBit / Nike FuelBand / etc?

Options
Hi there!

I'm in the market for a fitness tracker. I'm an actor in NYC, so I spend a fair amount of time running around. I'd really like to be able to track all of that movement, in addition to having a way to track the calorie burn in my traditional gym workouts.

What is the best product-- and by that I mean the most ACCURATE?

I'd love to know anything you have to share before I throw down the big bucks on one of these toys. ;)

Replies

• jerseynegrita06
    jerseynegrita06 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hey! I have a Fuel Band...it tracks calories, steps, Nike Fuel, & keeps the time. It's cute & fun, but I'm not sure of the accuracy. I burn a LOT of calories just walking back & forth to the refrigerator! It syncs to an iPhone if you have one...if not you have to plug it to your computer when you want to sync & when it needs to be charged. You can compare your Fuel points with your friends on Nike.com! =)
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for the Bodymedia Core 2 to come out this fall. I had been doing a lot of research and then suddenly saw this one. Seems to be the most accurate and is even FDA approved for weight loss. The new version will be smaller, potentially a bit stylish, and have an optional heart rate monitor that you could wear all day long for tracking if you wanted. It's a bit more expensive plus requires a monthly fee, but it seems worth it to me. (Hard to wait for it though.)