Replies

• dlanoux
    dlanoux Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations!
  • juliaskater
    juliaskater Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    That's truly amazing! And so motivating! Add me?
  • andijean31
    andijean31 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    You are so inspiring and look amazing! Congrats on your success! :flowerforyou:
  • NadineSabbagh
    NadineSabbagh Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely gorgeous!

I saw so much of myself in your story, I could really relate to it. I've had the comments in bars from guys who don't find me attractive, I feel that accepting a compliment is narcissistic, I won't be caught dead in a swimsuit etc... I love that you've managed to turn all that around and now feel good about yourself :) You're really inspiring - I hope I can get to the stage you're at in a year's time! :)
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!!! Way to go girl!!! :)
  • lalonmeg000
    lalonmeg000 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone!
    I love that you've managed to turn all that around and now feel good about yourself :) You're really inspiring - I hope I can get to the stage you're at in a year's time! :)

I know you can do it! Believing in yourself is the hardest step. It sounds so cheesy, but once I started to fully believe in myself and thought of the journey as getting healthy not getting skinny, everything just fell into place. Keep up the great work 48lbs is an amazing loss!
  • lalonmeg000
    Options
    Happy one year anniversary! You did an amazing job. I am so happy you have your life back now. I am crying hysterical at your story. It is so emotional and I can relate in the factor about self confidence and self esteem. I have been faithful since April this year logging and tracking on this site. Yes more than anything that's what I want back is the motivation and confidence to do anything.

I am sending friend request with note. Thank you so much for sharing your story.

Thank you so much for this sweet comment ! I cried knowing you cried lol . Keep up the great work , I know you can do this !
  • Tonynorman52
    Tonynorman52 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wonderful Job!!! Very inspiring.......thank you
  • utterbubble
    Options
    what a great story! well done! x
  • zoe534
    zoe534 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Amazing job and story. I especially understand the emotional ups and downs, you're right. Congratulations!
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!..you look awesome!
  • CarmenNeitz
    CarmenNeitz Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your success story and pictures. I also started last July 22, 2012 (just after my birthday) on my journey to lose 30 lbs. I was a tight size 12 and 173 lbs wanting to get down to143 lbs by my birthday this year, but unfortuately I failed. I had gotten down to159 lbs (after struggling to get past the 160 lb mark as I am much older than you), but then I went to a friend's birthday party for her 2 yr. old daughter on Dec. 9. I was doing fine eating veggies and meat, but then I had a small piece of cake and that did me in. The next day I just could not stay away from the junk foods. I joined MyFitnessPal on Janunary 30th weighing in at 169 lbs. I did good at first logging my food in, but I just couldn't get myself to exercise at home. Anyway, here it is just after my birthday a year later and I'm up to 181 lbs. I haven't been this weight in about 4 yrs. I'm so glad you reached your goal though and I really liked seeing your tranformation through your pictures. You are an inspiration! I plan on starting again today at lunch time and hopefully I will do it this time. I know now again why I started last year, because it feels just awful being this heavy. I hope to post my transfromation pictures next year at this time in 2014. I know it can be done and you have proven that. Thanks again! I'm happy you made it and you look great in that blue dress!
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    WOW- GREAT!!
  • CarmenNeitz
    Options
    P.S. What is the C25K app? is it some kind of running/tracking app?
  • vbarcok
    vbarcok Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Happy one year! Mine is next month. You look great. You should be so proud of yourself and all your hard work. Congrats! I hope you continue to do well.
  • lalonmeg000
    Options
    P.S. What is the C25K app? is it some kind of running/tracking app?

Yes it's an app, it's like $3 but I swear by it ! You can listen to pandora or your music while the app is running. When it's time to run the music fades out and the app tells you to run and the music fades back in. When it's time to walk it fades in and out the music. That way you don't have to keep up the time, while you are interval training. And to your previous comment, your story sounds a lot like mine in that I too started prior to last year, lost some weight had one bad day and gained everything back and then some! Take it one day and meal at a time and I know you can do it !

Also thank you to everyone else !
  • JustMyImagiNAYtion
    JustMyImagiNAYtion Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    awesome job. awesome post.awesome person. Congrats to you! ...

p.s. I just downloaded C25K app! thanks... really..
  • bpetlock
    bpetlock Posts: 109
    Options
    You were beautiful before and after the weight loss, but now you are healthier and you look great! I can't wait for this to be my success story. :happy:
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Great story and an amazing smile throughout your transformation :flowerforyou:
  • CarmenNeitz
    Options
    The C25K app sounds like it would be handy to have and much more convenient and easier to use than using the stop watch on my cell phone where I have to keep looking at the time. Right now I have an older phone so I'll have to make do for now, but it's good to know it's available if and when I do update my cell phone. Thanks for the info and encouragement.......Carmen
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!