What time of day do you workout?

Options
I like working out first thing in the morning (between 4 and 5 am) before sunrise.

Replies

• jorasims
    jorasims Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Typically after work....around 8 p.m.
  • NYgirl1990
    NYgirl1990 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Around 12am. I'm a night owl and don't go to bed till around 3am. Plus I don't do anything too extreme. Just 32 minutes of Pilates.
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I like working out first thing in the morning so when I'm at work on the slope that means 4 am . Although I usually do a small work out after work at 6pm.

When I am at home it means 7 or 7:30 am and maybe I walk the dog three times a day ---but not too brisk of a walk anymore because shes getting old.
  • MarineCodie
    MarineCodie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Lift at 0500. Run in the evening.... usually around 1900.
  • flyshopgirl
    Options
    When I can--during the school year (which yes, sadly, has arrived for us), I can't go in the morning because I need to be to school by 6 or 7 ( a completely mental thing for me--I'm a morning person and work better then), so I've been going after school before I go home. I have made Thursday and Friday optional for myself because of meetings on Thursday afternoons (they wind me up and I feel like I need to get things done before I leave for the day so I stay later) and Friday, I just want to go home. But I spend more time at the gym on Weekends--back to back classes are available, so can I double dip a little.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Gym/lifting somewhere between 3 and 5PM Fitness classes at around 9AM; when I do my workout at home with DVDs (not too often), when ever I find the time and the motivation to do it.
  • toothpastechica
    toothpastechica Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Mid-morning is when I do any cardio (which is when I wake up because I work until midnight or 1am most of the time). I work evenings and overnights, on an overnight I go for a walk and do more stretching/pilates/light weights in the afternoon and don't worry about doing much cardio. I don't go to gyms.
  • bylgjasig90
    Options
    I usually go to the gym around 7 in the morning,
    that is when i feel like i have the most energy:)
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Around 9pm. There's no way I could get up early enough to go before work, I'm not a morning person! By 9 it's cool enough out to run and it's a couple of hours after my evening meal.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I do my big workout on laundry day. I ride the recumbent bike while I'm doing laundry. I try to get it timed perfectly so when I step off the bike, the clothes come out of the dryer and I can switch loads. I also work in some stair work and single leg lunges.

On Mondays and/or Wednesdays, I will do Zumba in the evenings. On thursdays in the fall, I teach Zumba in the evening.

I'll exercise when the time is right.
  • dport7
    dport7 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm a out door exerciser. I run the trails that I cut in on our property, good cross fit. Usually around 10:00 am. Then onto the workout after a brief rest. I like to start my workout around 1:30. I have an area in the back yard"nice and private" spread a moving blanket in the sunny spot. Start out with jump lunges squats, crunches, pretty much a full core work out for thirty min. then onto pushups and burpees with ham string stretches in-between, another thirty min. That, along with the 85- 90 degree sun makes for a good workout. I burn a good sweat for at least an hour afterword.
  • pushyourself14
    pushyourself14 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Usually in the evening after work.
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    During the week, I workout at 4:00 a.m. On the weekends, I workout between 7:00 a.m. and 8:00 a.m.

8488541.png
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Early mornings - around 6 am. It's gotten to be such a habit that even days when I go to sleep late and figure in skipping the workout, I still wake up early anyway. Guess my body knows what it needs to do!
  • KelseyLK1
    KelseyLK1 Posts: 26
    Options
    i have crossfit at 6am three days a week, and on the other days i usually workout sometime between 4-7pm
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Whenever I can find the time for it. Sometimes that is 5am, sometimes its 8pm, and it can be anywhere in between. It's a priority, and I make sure I get it done.
  • HeadsPoppingOutOfCups
    Options
    About 7 pm. Get home from work at about 4, make and eat dinner, rest for a bit, and then head to the gym right when the crowds are starting to disperse. Tried going a bit earlier but parking was always a mess.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    The morning before 10AM. I hate the crowd in the gym after that time.
  • jim9097
    jim9097 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Depends on the workout. Sometimes I try to run 2-3 miles before going to work in the morning. Everyday (M-F)at lunch you can find me and 5-12 of my closest friends working out. 3 times a week I do Muay Thai, and if the weather is nice I try to get out in the kayaks with family.