Easy workouts at home

Options
I'm wondering if anyone has some tips on exercises I can do at home. I'm a stay at home mom of 3 kids, and just had my last baby 9 months ago. My husband is also a submariner in the navy and is returning to sea duty soon, so he'll be gone a lot and I won't be able to leave the house to workout. My body has changed so much from having my kids, and this last one I'm finding it even harder to lose the extra weight. Any help I would appreciate!

Replies

• jillyjelly
    jillyjelly Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    well if your have a iphone or a smart phone you can usually find good fast workouts for free or another one to try is a DVD series called 10 minutes - if that helps
  • jorasims
    jorasims Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Melissa Bender has amazing workouts on her blog... benderfitness.com. Most take between 10-30 minutes depending on what you choose.
  • saviorsheart1
    Options
    Thank you! I'll check her out, and I do have an iPhone so I'll see what I can find.
  • azwildcats7
    azwildcats7 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting about Melissa Blender! Just checked out her website and it's amazing! Did one of her ab workouts and it was great. Thank again :)

I'm currently doing Focus T25 by Shaun T which is nice and short. I've also done Zuzka's workouts before too which are similar to Melissa Blender's and vary in time from 10-30+ min. zuzkalight.com

Feel free to add me for support :) I'm also a SAHM to an almost 3 year old.
  • MyzGina
    MyzGina Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I went out and got an Xbox kinect. I do a work out with Nike+trainer, Zumba, and dance central..

Also there's Shaun T hip hop abs on you tube.. And a bunce of other workouts

Search for 30 min workouts a bunch comes up
  • ltowns11
    ltowns11 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred is a quick and highly efficient workout, drenched and exhausted in approx. 24 min ;-)!
  • jewel22887
    jewel22887 Posts: 72
    Options
    I do yoga from a video my boys 4 and 5 love doing them with me they also do zumba when my girlfriend comes over.
  • ashandloggiesmom
    ashandloggiesmom Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I do most of mine at home. With the Wii I do Zumba and Just Dance (I march or jumping jacks between songs). I bought some resistance bands and a mat so I can strength train at home also. I also love Fitness Blender's youtube channel, TONS of free full length cardio and weight routines there. You don't need a gym :)
  • saviorsheart1
    Options
    Thank you all for the great tips!! I have an Xbox with a kinect and had Zumba but I got pregnant with my 3rd so I let someone borrow it, and never got it back. My boys love doing workouts with me (easy things like jumping jacks), I just need to step it up a little bit!!
  • 1HappyRosie
    1HappyRosie Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Try hisfit on youtube....great workouts
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    fitnessblender.com
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Do you live in a place with a basement? I firmly believe in cable / body weight / dumb bell exercises are quite good for any fitness or physique goal. I've learned a lot from youtube just googling exercises and making sure I've got the form down and feeling a good muscle contraction. The most efficient exercises for time (if you're strapped for it) are compound movements. These exercises engage multiple muscles instead of just single isolation movements.

There are programs that focus on squats, deadlifts, and bench press. The myth that lifting heavy makes people bulky is ridiculous. If you're in a caloric deficit resistance training is important to preserve that muscle you do have while fat gets burned off. Diet alone (no resistance training) will often times results in loss of fat AND muscle.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Check out You Are Your Own Gym, Convict Conditioning, and NerdFitness. There are also free workouts you can stream off youtube and Hulu.

TRX Suspension training and sandbag workouts are great strength/resistance training options.
  • neil4ad
    neil4ad Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Also look up "Spartanfam" on youtube.
  • pumpkinkatt
    Options
    Walk away the pounds is good .. there is a bunch on youtube ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rnB9rDRrCM
  • saviorsheart1
    Options
    Thank you all for the great suggestions!!! I'm going to be on google a lot looking up everything!!