Trying to Gain Some Weight Over here!

Hi ya'll, unlike the stereotypes of today...I am looking to get healthy and put on 15 pounds. I've spent my entire life being underweight, and like those who are overweight, there is extreme pressure on me to gain. I deal with the stares, the comments and honestly can't even stand to look in the mirror.

Anyone dealing with the same issues?

If anyone has any good (high calorie) recipes??? I'd totally appreciate it!

Happy New Year!!!!!

Replies

• Hi ya'll, unlike the stereotypes of today...I am looking to get healthy and put on 15 pounds. I've spent my entire life being underweight, and like those who are overweight, there is extreme pressure on me to gain. I deal with the stares, the comments and honestly can't even stand to look in the mirror.

Anyone dealing with the same issues?

If anyone has any good (high calorie) recipes??? I'd totally appreciate it!

Happy New Year!!!!!
  • dinosgirl
    dinosgirl Posts: 157 Member
    Try adding healthy but high-calorie foods to your diet such as cheese, nuts, dried fruit and starchy vegetables (corn, potatoes, etc). Also, drink fruit juices instead of soda. Add dried milk (unless lactose intolerant) to soups and sauces for some extra calories and a bit of creaminess.

Finally - don't be afraid to workout. You can gain weight by building muscle mass. Steer clear of intense cardio training and stick to weight lifting and stretching with some walking.
  • I am having the same problem....I am at a very unhealthy weight and would be grateful for, at the very least, 10 extra lbs, although I could use 15 or 20. My biggest problem is that I am an extremely picky eater! I am having a really hard time making it to the almost 1900 recommended calories.
    I hate to look in the mirror as well....protruding bones are not very appealing to look at! :frown:
    Anyways, Happy New Year and here's to gaining some weight! :drinker:
  • I played at a college softball level..and i know the nutritionist for the baseball team had the thinner guys eat a high protein meal right before they went to bed (for example 2 peanut butter sandwiches or a protein shake) and many of them started putting on the pounds...hope this helps!
  • Thank you for your input! Something I will definately try! Not just looking for a New Year's Resolution...hoping the pounds stick!!!

Thanks!!:happy:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    I don't know the pain of needing to put weight on. My brother in law however does have this issue. He discovered he had Graves desiese which is a thyroid condition. It might be good to make sure this is not something you have an issue with also. Once he was properly diagnosed and treated he put weight back one.

He would have several protein shakes everyday along with his meals. He may have been an extreme case but that is what had to be done.

Eve