losing weight without losing motivation

Options
I am in my early twenties and have a three year old son. I have gained 25 pounds in the last couple years. With gaining that weight, I have lost my confidence. I do not consider myself a big person, but I am uncomfortable in my own skin. I can't be the best mom I can be if I don't respect myself enough to treat my body right. I'm hoping by joining I will be able to keep myself accountable and motivated. I'm nervous and excited. Hopefully I will be able to succeed.

Replies

• myckenzie
    myckenzie Posts: 15
    Options
    you can do it girl! :)
  • perrinjoshua
    perrinjoshua Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey. The best thing you can do for yourself and your son is to stay healthy so you can run and play together and just enjoy life. It's all about the joy! Stick to your goals, they are worth it.
  • BucsFan39
    BucsFan39 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello,

Your story sounds very similar to mine. I have a 4 year old son, who I love and adore more than anything in the world. I have had some health problems in the years since he was born, including 3 separate surgeries. I have gained about 20-25 pounds that I cannot seem to get rid of. But, now is the time- the weight gain has limited me for too long. I realized this week that because I am self conscious, I don't want to go out and do as many fun things with my husband and son. So now is the time for me to change, I cannot let my weight control me in such a negative way. Good luck on your journey!!
  • taymarannschmitt
    Options
    I have realized that I, too, have been avoiding going out anywhere because I'm too embarrassed. I am holding back on living and enjoying life all because of these silly 20-25 pounds. It seems like such a waste of my precious youth and my sons young years. I want him to look back and remember us playing and running! I don't want him to remember his mom drinking soda, eating junk food, and watching television!