Lose Stomache

Options
I am a mother of 1 and I want to lose my stomach. I put saran wrap and a stomach band around my stomach and go to the gym to do work out and abs crunches. I also cut my calorie intake to 1190, but I might do 1150 to cut down permanently. What can I do to see more results in losing my stomach?

Replies

• PunkinSpice79
    PunkinSpice79 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    It's impossible to spot reduce, as I'm sure you know. Keep your calories at a deficit (a healthy one) and keep up the good work! :)
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    Listen, I hear ya! I've been tracking and working out now for about six weeks.. and my stomach is slowly going down. but not fast enough. EAch morning I wake up and look at it in the mirror and think.."go!" "now!"

I will tell you from experience... you have to lose the weight for it to come off you can't exercise if off. and it comes off in the order you gain it.

so ...stop starving yourself.... just track at a sensible rate.. I eat 1600 a day plus my exercise calories..enjoying life and slowly shrinking. Also.. think about buying some flattering clothes that hide the stomach as you lose. That's what I'm doing.

It is such a drag!
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce and eating below 1200 is a bad idea. Figure out your TDEE and minus 250-500 cals from it and eat that everyday. Keep working out and your body fat will reduce and your belly will as well. Saran-wrapping your belly won't do anything.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    I had a lot more sucess by working at a smaller deficit, exercising more (I do insanity currently) and eating extra each day to account for the additional burns. You cannot spot reduce, so you will have to drop body fat until the stomach fat is gone. Putting on muscle mass can also help, as more muscle mass makes it easier to get a lower body fat percentage.
  • vegtabully
    vegtabully Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Every time I look at my stomach I'm disappointed. It looks like it never changes BUT I was smart enough this time to take measurements. Even though I have a hard time seeing it, I knw I've lost 5 inches off my waist. Push your cardio, drink lots of water, and don't go under 1200. We'll get there!
  • amandahaverick
    Options
    I know the feel all too well. I started at 1300 a day about a month ago, and i feel like im just **slowly** starting to see the difference. Thank goodness my sister keeps me positive though!!! Add me if you'd like. :-) We'll motivate each other!!!!