Lost 50lbs since January!!

Options
fitocordon
fitocordon Posts: 22 Member
Just wanted to finally share my progress. I started working out and eating healthier in January 2nd.
My body fat was around 24-25% and now it's 17.5%
Starting weight was 244, now I am at 194lbs.
Still a lot of work to do, but definitely a good milestone to hit!

Before (December 12):
LzTbGtb.jpg

After (July 13):
aESUkVZ.png

Replies

• itsscottwilder
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • coreysarahsmoot
    Options
    Way to go!
  • choijanro
    choijanro Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    good job and keep up the good work
  • LWHershey
    LWHershey Posts: 6
    Options
    Lost my 50 at ages 64-66 over an 18 month period. Reduced portions, eliminated processed foods, eliminated snacks, eliminated
    virtually all sweets such as cookies, pastries, etc. Still looking to take off another 15, but at 180 my metabolism is very efficient and
    it is tougher to keep losing a pound a week. Now it is 1/2 pound a week.
  • loriwhitefaith
    loriwhitefaith Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • PunkinSpice79
    PunkinSpice79 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Great job! :bigsmile:
  • fitocordon
    Options
    I know what you mean, it only gets harder and harder!
  • andreah227
    Options
    awesome job!!! I didnt have a lot of weight to lose but im a petite girl (5'2"!) and I didnt think it would be possible, but I lost 15 pounds since march-april by eating healthy and tracking with mfp!!! :)
  • fitocordon
    Options
    awesome job!!! I didnt have a lot of weight to lose but im a petite girl (5'2"!) and I didnt think it would be possible, but I lost 15 pounds since march-april by eating healthy and tracking with mfp!!! :)

Wow, pretty awesome feeling isnt it? For me I think the biggest help has been the diet part. 6 meals split throughout the day!
  • 9erfan88
    9erfan88 Posts: 4
    Options
    Congrats on the success.

What kind of workout did you do? was it more cardio or mix of strength & cardio?
  • fitocordon
    Options
    Congrats on the success.

What kind of workout did you do? was it more cardio or mix of strength & cardio?

Hey man, Thanks!
    My workouts have really been a mix of both. I started out doing about 5 mins of cardio, then strength for 30-40 mins, and 10 more mins of cardio.
    Later I moved to running a mile, then doing strength for a good 50 mins, and then run another mile. (took my a few months to build up to this for sure)
    Now i am running a mile and a half in the morning before work. In the afternoon I will do an hr of strength and then another mile and a half a few times a week.

Always kept it at about 5 times a week. And limited cheat meals to 2 times a week, and if its fast food, it has to be Subway.

Hope it helps bud!
  • fitocordon
    Options
    Way to go!

Thanks!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!