Girls Please

Options
anybody ever have a really light period while eating well and exercise?? I'm on bc... (not that I think that matters)... so everything is still scheduled right.... just really light (not that I'm complaining! haha)

Replies

• Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I've had things change as I change my diet and exercise, I've even skipped a month complete. I think this is common.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    my period is usually lighter when i'm eating healthy for sure.
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I've had things change as I change my diet and exercise, I've even skipped a month complete. I think this is common.

I started diet and exercise over a month ago... my first period was on time(birth control) but really heavy.... now this one is on time(bc) but really light... just weird...
  • starstealing
    Options
    i'm on the mirena, so i never know what to expect. ._.
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Agreed with all comments above. It's normal... Has to do with body fat/exercise/what you're putting into your body. When I exercise it's better regulated and the flow is even different (shorter time span but even flow) and more predictable. Oh, and less crampy (or crabby) too... Have you noticed that?
  • xlizzislegend
    Options
    I have definitely noticed that when I DON'T exercise, my periods are HELL. However, this past week, my period was heavy but quick (3 days) and predictable (right on time, actually). In June whenever I kicked myself up to a very regulated, strenuous workout schedule, I skipped that month completely.
  • ChristieisReady
    ChristieisReady Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Ditto on Mirena-- no rhyme or reason there. But I do think that if you're eating less fatty foods, it makes sense that the fatty tissue deposits would be lighter.
  • Sally749
    Options
    I just started yesterday and I usually have really bad cramps, my cramps are very minimum, so I agree it does make a difference and change things. In a good way :smile:
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Agreed with all comments above. It's normal... Has to do with body fat/exercise/what you're putting into your body. When I exercise it's better regulated and the flow is even different (shorter time span but even flow) and more predictable. Oh, and less crampy (or crabby) too... Have you noticed that?

I'm a little less crabby (in my own opinion of course) cramps have lightened up a little, along with back pain... but the major difference has been a MUCH lighter flow
  • nbingham
    nbingham Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Now see, I guess I'm the odd man out. Mine was a little earlier than normal this month, heavier, longer and my cramps are WAY worse than usual. Thank goodness it's finally going away.
  • SarahElittlebit
    SarahElittlebit Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I've always had horrible cramps and a heavy flow. My doctor has repeatedly told me that exercise would reduce the PMS and the cramping. He was right.

I know athletes that work out so many hours and watch what they eat so carefully that they can miss months at a time, but this is usually not healthy living. There has to be a balance somewhere.
  • MLgarcia3
    Options
    I wish I could say mine was lighter or non-existent! I got the shot two months ago and have been spotting ever since... LAME!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I havent' noticed any change.
  • redhotsmacker
    redhotsmacker Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that I no longer get any cramping and the length has shortened considerably. 3 days tops, usually with 1 light day and two medium flow days. I think my whole outlook on my monthly guest is good now. 3 days isn't so bad :) I have also noticed it comes like clockwork, right down to the hour.