Music while you're working out...

Options
Hey guys,

I need some suggestions of what to listen to, especially while ion the treadmill or walking outside. I'm tired of the music I've been listening to and I need something that is guaranteed to keep me happy and motivated.

What do you all listen to??

Thanks

Replies

• KatrinkaB
    KatrinkaB Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I like the Biggest Losers mix of sport songs.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Pantera, Five Finger Death Punch, Disturbed, Marilyn manson.. just stuff to get the blood flowing
  • LaurenLarkin
    Options
    To be honest, I always listen to classical music. For some reason, I'm able to get more time or reps in. I've tried techno, rock, high-intensity music, etc., and the only thing that really lets me leave my workout having given my best is very complex classical. Maybe I'm just weird. :blushing:
  • iamanne
    Options
    I listen to Nickelback, Metallica and other fast metal type music. I also listen to The Black Eyed Peas and other dance type music. Anything fast and energizing. Gonna Make You Sweat by C & C music factory is one of my favs if I feel I am starting to lag. :)
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I like the Biggest Losers mix of sport songs.

OMG! I've never thought of getting these CDs/MP3s... (And I LOVE Biggest Loser) Gotta look at em to see if that could 'freshen up' my song list. Thanks for sharing!
  • athenafl
    athenafl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Someone else on MFP recommended Podrunner podcasts some time back. http://www.djsteveboy.com/podrunner.html

It's not the kind of music I would ever listen to just sitting around, but I can select the pace and it helps me hold a challenging and steady tempo. They have podcasts with slower tempos for walking and quicker ones for running. A nice range. The podcasts range in duration from about 50 minutes to just over an hour.

HTH.
  • ambercole
    Options
    lady-gaga.jpg
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Here's my current gym playlist:

She's Country - Jason Aldean
    Giddy On Up - Laura Bell Bundy
    Outta Your Mind - Lil Jon & LMFAO
    Fly On the Wall - Miley Cyrus
    Chicken Fried - Zac Brown Band
    White Liar - Miranda Lambert
    Up On the Ridge - Dierks Bentley
    Flat On the Floor - Carrie Underwood
    Gunpowder & Lead - Miranda Lambert
    There and Back Again - Daughtry
    Low - Flo Rida
    I Got Your Country Right Here - Gretchen Wilson
    Lover, Lover - Jerrod Neimann
    Right Round - Flo Rida
    Boots On - Randy Houser
    So What - Pink
  • BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Anything by Cascada or Scooter then krank it up to a bit of Marilyn Manson
  • 321Detonate
    Options
    Pantera, Five Finger Death Punch, Disturbed, Marilyn manson.. just stuff to get the blood flowing

THIS. I've also got Muse, In Flames, Extol, The Mars Volta and lots of Dream Theater.

My rule of thumb: I pick songs I like to sing along to, and once it becomes too hard because I'm huffing and puffing, then I know I'm working hard enough. Also, in the middle of my playlist I've got a bunch of songs I like to air-drum to (when I'm on the treadmill). I'm sure I look like an idiot but it keeps my mind off the pain. :happy:
  • healthyforlife79
    Options
    Thanks guys. I'm going to have to look for the Biggest Loser CDs too.

I seriously never thought of listening to heavy metal because I don't like it in my every day life, but maybe it'll be different if I'm working out. Maybe I'll check that out.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Iron Maiden. You just can't slack when "Number of the Beast" is blasting in your ears!
  • 321Detonate
    Options
    ^^ Or "Run To The Hills": Run foooorrrr your liiiiiiiiiiiiife!!!!! :laugh:
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    ^^Or Wasted Years!

Face up...make your stand,
    And realise you're living in the golden years....

Love love love that one!
  • 321Detonate
    Options
    Ohhhh good one! I love me some Maiden. :happy:

Finding songs with lyrics that inspire you are always great too. Whether they're uplifting or push you to dig deeper and get through your workout... even if you have to take them out of context to serve your purpose!

A couple of my faves:
    Leeches by In Flames - "It burns, it rips, it hurts... How does it feel to be alive?"
    Ember by Extol - "Crush the chains that hold you down, and let yourself be filled with fire"

Music is HUUUUUUGE and integral for me to get the most out of a workout.