A question about sugar.

Options
So, I don't usually track my sugar but every now and then I'll add it for a minute just to look and see how bad/good my sugar intake is...I just did this, and most days I'm over...usually by a lot.

But the majority, like 95%, of the sugar I'm eating is from fresh fruit and vegetables.

So if I'm 20 or 30 grams over on sugar, but it's all from fruit and veggies - should I still be concerned?

Replies

• Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Unless you're diabetic, I wouldn't be concerned, as long as you're eating a reasonable amount of fruit a day. (a couple servings.) I don't even pay attention to that anymore, since almost all of my sugar is from fruits/veggies, and I typically eat 2 servings of fruit a day.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    No
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about the natural sugar - but I do pay attention to the added sugar in foods.
  • trisha329
    trisha329 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Ooops...Trenton beat me to it! I would agree -- don't worry about the natural sugars. It's the refined sugars that are the ones you don't want to eat too much of!
  • healthyforlife79
    Options
    I was just thinking of typing up a topic for the exact same question, haha Now I guess I know I shouldn't worry
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    it is the total carbs that primary.
  • Melaniegibson
    Options
    I had the same question! Haha - and got the same replies. I dont worry about it now, I try to eat 2-3 pieces of fruit a day and a low sodium v8
  • somethingvague
    Options
    I definitley eat a little more fruit than that..like usually 4 a day...and probably 6-8 vegetables. But hardly any refined sugar, so I just won't sweat it.
  • Wtbyerdoc
    Options
    You are losing it seems from your tracker so it probably is okay now, When you get closer to your goal you may need to scale back a bit to lose those last few.