Insanity exercise program

Options
Hi

I'm new to fitness pal I've been cutting out my junk food for the past 3-4 weeks but I've only had minimal weight loss so I've decided to monitor my food intake, luckily I stumbled upon myfitnesspal this morning while looking for the calorie content for oats so simple.

Anyway I've noticed it gives me an option to enter my exercise but I can't see anything that I could put in for the insanity exercise program. I intend on starting it today and I'm not really sure what to put down as my exercise.

Thank
Ryan

Replies

• msafunk
    msafunk Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    most people do "high intensity interval training" It's also suggested to get a great rate monitor to help calculate the burn :)

good luck with the program! it's a lot of fun
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Just log it as circuit training. Should be a decent estimate.

Hope you enjoy the program!

Eta: is there a hiit option in the database? Idt I've seen it.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    A heart rate monitor is your best bet (burns for insanity can vary significantly from person to person). Most people without that I have seen log it as either circuit training or intense calisthenics. I've never seen a HIIT option in the database either.
  • RyanUNDEAD
    RyanUNDEAD Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the advice guys and girls, I'll look into getting a heart rate monitor over the next few days. I'm excited about starting insanity whilst a little nervous at the same time from the horror stories I've heard, but if I want to get back in my skinny jeans it must be done =].

Edit:
    Are there any heart rate monitors that I should look into without breaking the bank?
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    It's exactly as hard as you've heard it is, but it's also as effective as you've heard. I lost 3 percentage points of body fat in the first 5 weeks, and have lost 4" off my stomach so far. At the end of each workout, I'm absolutely exhausted and literally dripping with sweat, but I've definitely seen results. Progress pictures are on my profile, if you're interested. If you do insanity, make sure you keep good form and take breaks when you need to. Bad form is the number one cause of injury on the program.
  • dta4ever
    dta4ever Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE insanity. It's terribly hard but well worth it!