Have u ever heard of?

Options
Have u heard of holding ur breath when u weigh?

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Nope
  • mtizy
    mtizy Posts: 38
    Options
    Not really, but even if it make the number on the scale lower, it most certainly will not make you thinner.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :happy: Yes, I have heard people talk about it (on here I think), but no one really thought it made a difference.
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    :happy: Yes, I have heard people talk about it (on here I think), but no one really thought it made a difference.

Ya I didnt see that it made a diff. but I was just wondering.. Thanks for ur reply.. And WOW congrats on ur weightloss, thats AMAZING!! Keep up the good work!! :flowerforyou:
  • disnyfan
    disnyfan Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    HAHA. That's funny. :laugh:
  • staceybug13
    Options
    I have but you know what.... it doesn't do anything. The weight is still there.
  • stringcheeze
    Options
    The only difference it would make as far as weighing goes would be if you have one of those old dial scales -- the more still you stand, the easier it'll be to get an accurate reading. Same concept as target practice -- shoot on the bottom of the exhale since your body will be more still. The air in your lungs would be very tiny as far as actual weight.
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Srsly?

You have multiple tons of atmosphere pushing down on your from above, and someone thinks that not breathing will make a difference in your bodyweight?

A ball weighs exactly the same empty or filled with air because air creates inwards and outwards pressure that equalize one another. It never produces downward force.
  • rfialkiewicz
    rfialkiewicz Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I hold my breath on the scale, but it's not a conscious effort. I also weigh with my eyes closed and open my eyes one eye at a time to read the number. Then I sigh with relief when I don't gain and sigh with frustration when I do.