First NSV Ever!

Options
kerr2010
kerr2010 Posts: 219 Member
Last night I had my first NSV ever and it was great. I just recently had my second child (6 weeks ago to be exact) and have been really struggling with body image and accepting how my body has changed with pregnancy. I gained 35 pounds during my pregnancy and even though I am only 5 pounds away from my pre pregnancy weight I still feel self conscious.

Well last night at my brother's Jack and Jill (pre wedding party) I received a ton of compliments. One woman even said she didn't believe that I had a baby just six weeks ago and it was unfair to other women that I looked so good and my tummy was so flat. My cousins commented on how tiny my waist looked and my great aunt said I looked fabulous.

The best part was that I had to wear a bridesmaid shirt that was pretty tight and I was worried about wearing something tight, but when I looked at myself in the mirror I was pleased with my appearance and didn't feel self conscious at all. The reason that this is good is because one of my fears is that even if I reach my goal (30 additional pounds) that I still wouldn't be satisfied or self confident.

Replies

• raven617
    raven617 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    That's Awesome!
  • KBGAgent
    KBGAgent Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    That first NSV is a wonderful self shocker, Sometimes they really sneak up and surprise you, Which is totally awesome. Congrats,
  • simmo0020
    simmo0020 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    NSV?
  • RipperSB
    RipperSB Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    NSV?

Non-Scale Victory - a significant achievement in one's weight loss journey, other than a reduction in the number displayed on the weight scale. Examples include: clothes that fit better, compliments from others, being able to walk up a flight of stairs withou getting winded, etc.
  • RipperSB
    RipperSB Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Congrats, kerr, hopefully many more to come!
  • simmo0020
    simmo0020 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Cool thanks for clearing that up, had a few of those myself recently and they sure feel good.

To the OP, well done keep going! :)
  • boberrymom
    boberrymom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV sweetie! Keep it up! **Hugs**
  • RabbiBeth
    RabbiBeth Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Way to go, hot mama!!!!
  • kerr2010
    kerr2010 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. It really did a lot to boost my self esteem. Not something that is usually readily available right after having a baby :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!