Attention MOMs who have dealt with Post Pregnancy weight!

Options
I am new to website - and just looking for some new 'on the right track' friends - I had a daughter in Sept 2009 - she will be a year on the 26th (crazy!). While I was pregnant I gained almost 55lbs. Since then I have lost the majority but this last 15 or so WILL NOT come off. I am now eating wayyy better and trying to more physical activity. I see there are all sorts people giving words of encouragement and hope to those trying to get back into thier skinny jeans. Give me some tips -

Replies

• Red13
    Red13 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    If you're at a point where you feel like you've plateaued I would suggest switching up your workouts or challenge yourself more. Make sure you have a good combination of strength training and cardio and drink plenty of water!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP! Congratulations on your decision to get fit and your progress so far -- that's great! You'll find everyone on this site to be very positive, encouraging and motivating. Feel free to friend request me if you'd like. :)

Also, if you're on Facebook, please feel free to check out the group I created over there, called Motivation. Many positive, encouraging, helpful people and posts over that way, too! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=268180696780&ref=ts

Best wishes on your fitness journey!

~ Chandra
  • reesegirl521
    Options
    Hey there!! I have 2 boys. March 2007 and February 2009. I had BARELY gotten off a decent amount of baby weight when I got prego again from my beautiful #2 little man. Now I'm trying to get it all off. Luckily, I'm down 13lbs since June. I had been hitting the gym 4x a week and seeing okay results with eating pretty good. I went on here and dropped my calories down to 1200 (but eating the exercise calories that I earn) and have seen a steady loss for the past few weeks. I was also a big diet pop drinker, I still drink it but usually on like 1 a day and the rest is water or Skinny Water (which is delicious if you haven't tried it yet!!), and Crystal Light. I still need a little caffeine but 1 usually is enough. I'm also a big advocate for not completely cutting anything out. If we want to order a pizza, fine-we order a pizza but I pay attention to what I eat and faithfully log it so that I remember to be super vigilant the next day.

I do wish I could figure out how to lose more in the tummy area!! I realize there isn't any lose belly fat solution! But that's where I'm still retaining a lot of the weight!!

I hope this helps. I'm no expert, just a mama of two trying to get back in shape. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • kathrynarnold
    Options
    My son just turn 1 in july and my daughter turned 2 in july. I'm now trying to loose baby weight from two babies. Let me know if you have any ideas on how to exercise with your child. I would love to include my kids in my exercise.
  • amoore1227
    amoore1227 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi! I know how you feel. My daughter was born last August, so when her birthday rolled around and I was still 10 lbs over my pre-pregnancy weight I finally got serious. That's when I joined this website.

Actually, before that I started running...well I started walking with the goal of jogging. Started in May. Now I can actually jog for a mile straight, which I have never been able to do in my life.

Once I got to that point, I signed up on MFP and started watching my eating too. I lost 5 lbs in 3 weeks! This has given me a lot of motivation to keep going. I hope to lose 5 more AND THEN SOME!

This site has really helped me, I hope it helps you too! If I knew how to add you as a friend I would :-) Good luck!!!
  • MichelleFirestone
    MichelleFirestone Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    My son is 2 1/2 and my daughter is going to be 1 soon. I gained 44lbs with my son, and was still about 20lbs heavy when I found out I was pregnant again. Right before my son's 1st birthday. That was scary. But during my whole pregnancy with my daughter I watched what I ate, and managed to only gain 21lbs with her. Thankfully I lost it all within a few months. But I'm still struggling to lose 16lbs from my son's pregnancy. Does anyone know how to get rid of the pouch? Thats what I'm most concerned about. It feels like everything I'm doing is just building muscle behind the fat. And I have this pouch that just doesn't go away not matter what exercises I do.
  • Red13
    Red13 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    My son is 2 1/2 and my daughter is going to be 1 soon. I gained 44lbs with my son, and was still about 20lbs heavy when I found out I was pregnant again. Right before my son's 1st birthday. That was scary. But during my whole pregnancy with my daughter I watched what I ate, and managed to only gain 21lbs with her. Thankfully I lost it all within a few months. But I'm still struggling to lose 16lbs from my son's pregnancy. Does anyone know how to get rid of the pouch? Thats what I'm most concerned about. It feels like everything I'm doing is just building muscle behind the fat. And I have this pouch that just doesn't go away not matter what exercises I do.

You have to be sure the foods you are eating will help you to lose that extra belly weight. Here are the 12 power foods from the Abs Diet. Incorporating all these will help because not all calories are the same... Also, mixing cardio and strength are key. The strength will build the muscle, which you said you can feel building behind the fat, but make sure you do cardio as well to reduce the fat. Hope this helps!

1. Almonds and Other Nuts eaten with skins intact.
    2. Beans and Other Legumes
    3. Spinach and Other Green Vegetables
    4. Dairy: Fat-free or low-fat milk, yogurt, cheese, cottage cheese
    5. Instant Oatmeal: Unsweetened, unflavored
    6. Eggs
    7. Turkey and other lean meats. Lean steak, chicken, fish
    8. Peanut Butter – All-natural, sugar-free.
    9. Olive Oil
    10. Whole-Grain Breads and Cereals
    11. Extra-Protein Powder(Whey)

12. Raspberries and Other Berries
  • alochami
    alochami Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I too know how you feel. Those last few pounds are difficult to lose. My son is almost two. I am realistic in understanding that I most likely won't ever look exactly the way I did before. Don't just look at the scale. I am following a 1200 calorie/day diet, and doing at least 45 mins of cardio/day. I also work out with weights and do spin classes. I am not losing weight easily. I feel better and I look better. That's the only way I know what I am doing is working. Keep up the good work. I try to remind myself that I am way more than a number on a scale.:happy: