Scary Photos That Should Have Been Destroyed

Options

Replies

• acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of you and your progress! 145 is going to happen!
  • FatOldBat
    FatOldBat Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    What a fabulous accomplishment! I just took my first full- length 'before' picture today, and hope I can post it next year with after shots as attractive as yours!
  • crystal_light81
    Options
    Congratulations on how far you've come, that is wonderful! I too deleted or destroyed all the photos back when I was at my heaviest of 188 lbs. I hid from the camera a lot b/c I was ashamed of how I looked. Now I kinda wish I'd held on to a photo or 2 of the old me so I could compare and see the difference.
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    YOU. ARE. A. ROCK. STAR!!!!!!!! :bigsmile:
    Yup!

< glad you got rid of the tan jacket, though. Wasn't do much good for anyone:bigsmile: >
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    < glad you got rid of the tan jacket, though. Wasn't do much good for anyone:bigsmile: >

I have given away most of my 'fat clothes'. I was wearing size 4X in blouses and 32 in pants. Now, I am a size 20 in blouses and 16 in pants. I will be able to wear a smaller size blouse, when I get my upper arm fat to go down a bit more. My swimming laps is really helping to shrink my body. That's what keeps me swimming every day. I did 90 minutes of laps today.
  • karlalband
    karlalband Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    There is such a big difference, and the new glow on your face thru your heart. Great work. Keep it up!:flowerforyou:
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    90 minutes! I am tearing up with joy! You have come so far!
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    look at you your glasses have grown :wink:

you done an amazing job and i love your blogs and your stories it is great to have pictures of the passed to remind us where we have come from and how far we have gotten and that we NEVER NEVER want to go back to that
  • Yourgoingtodothis
    Options
    I agree with karlalband there is a glow to your face to the picture on the right you look so happy & healthy! You sound one determined lady and I admire your enthusiasm, commitment & your outlook on life. To swim for 90 minutes is fantastic I can not even bring myself to go to the pool ashamed of how I look and getting in and out of the pool but one day I will. I avoid the camera at all costs and have for many years i have deleted so many ! the sad thing about this is my 11 year old Daughter now avoids the camera too :-( she is beautiful & slim but her Mum (me) had this effect on her! That is why my profile pic is of the family cat!! There are a few at my heaviest and I hate seeing them it depresses me and I end up crying stupid I know!

Good Luck I hope you get your knee surgery soon :flowerforyou:
  • HSDramamom
    HSDramamom Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your really inspiring story. Congratulations on such great progress! You absolutely ARE glowing in the photo on the right!
  • Mylolamia
    Mylolamia Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    What an amazing transformation. You are doing so well. I have pics of me progressing from my lean 118 lb. self right up, over the years, to 192 lbs. at my highest. Shocking, and the problem is, we don't even realize it happens unintentionally over time. Many diets, weight loss programs later, much money spent, and finally down to my goal weight and about 40 years later, it has finally clicked!!! You can do this...stick with your plan...it will happen! So proud of you!????
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    There is a wonderful difference between the two pics, and I am so glad the weight loss only accentuated your beautiful, beaming smile!

My current profile picture is about the only one in existence that I willingly posed for! I still don't like it, but it does show the difference between now and my highest weight ever (a photo that if seen by other human eyes will result in death! :wink: )
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options

I have given away most of my 'fat clothes'. I was wearing size 4X in blouses and 32 in pants. Now, I am a size 20 in blouses and 16 in pants. I will be able to wear a smaller size blouse, when I get my upper arm fat to go down a bit more. My swimming laps is really helping to shrink my body. That's what keeps me swimming every day. I did 90 minutes of laps today.
    ninety minutes! you rock! remember when you first started? you've come a long way, baby!
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Great pictures and much confidence! I wouldn't want to show my worst. In fact those kind of pictures I have destroyed! Afterwards I think it's a pity, I got nothing left to compare with, it's just at that moment I couldn't look at those horrible pictures and didn't want to show them to anyone else out of embarressement.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    I have a Scary Photo and I pull it out from time to time. It reminds of the pain I felt on christmas eve, 2011, in my hip and my promise to get the weight off to head off any need for future surgeries. I lost the weight in 2012 and have been maintained now for over a year, but I really want to get my activity level higher.

I cannot even begin to thank you for posting and keeping me inspired and reminded to keep my healthy weight stable and get my activity level up even more.

Thanks for posting, all!
  • asugar
    asugar Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Wow! great work. Photos can be wonderful motivators.
  • asugar
    asugar Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    You are inspiring me to go into the pool and do some laps right now!!!
  • mayonie1
    mayonie1 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Woow you look fantastic.
  • Hhhaley223
    Options
    Your story gave me the chills!! Keep up the amazing work! You really have made major improvements in your life and i commend you for them! You are one heck of a lady!!!
  • goodnamegone
    goodnamegone Posts: 237
    Options
    Wow what a difference. It's funny but if I look at the older photos of you I don't think anything mean but if I see photos of myself I am riddled with nasty thoughts and self hatred. Isn't it awful how we turn on ourselves. I had seeing photos of myself even now. I so want to have that feeling gone. Thank you for posting this!