Services to "make you thin" read before judging first please

Options
This may sound silly but I am after a service or person that can make me see what I would look like thin. I want to pin it up in my room with a now and what I would look like photo. Like they do on the diet programs.

I really think it would help me dieting if I can see what I may look like as slim.

I hope someone out there can help and please no stupid posts.

Many thanks in advanced. Gavin.

Replies

• knitwit0704
    knitwit0704 Posts: 376
    Options
    Bump! I'd love to see what there is.
  • tlou5
    tlou5 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    What a fun idea- dunno if such a thing exists though
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Sounds interesting!
  • Nativestar56
    Nativestar56 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure this is quite what you're after as although you can set the parameters to be the same as yourself it isn't actually a picture of yourself but its a start: http://www.modelmydiet.com/
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    I am not sure it is possible to know what a person would look like at a lighter weight, since losing fat isn't an evenly distributed process across a body. It would be hard to predict.
  • AJinBirmingham
    Options
    http://modiface.com/weightmirror/

or

http://www.seeyourselfthinner.com/index.php

Any use? I just did a quick search on google, and there seem to be quite a few of them out there.

(Set up a temporary google account to subscribe and use that - SPAM is the price.)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,608 Member
    Options
    There are programs to this since I've seen them at fitness expos. Lol, most people there didn't care though because they were already fit. Let me see if I can dig up the name of the company that did it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    http://www.modelmydiet.com/

This is a pretty good simulation.
  • stefjc
    stefjc Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I quite liked it too. Not sure OH was impressed with his :)
  • MichelleB69
    MichelleB69 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Actually, I think this is a GREAT idea...regardless of whether it is entirely accurate or not. The power of positive visualization is a strong one! Good luck! :)
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    www.modelmydiet.com

It has a simulator that is more of a drawing where you put in your current weight, height, basic "shape", etc., and then your goal and gives you an idea of how you'll look. It helped me and seemed pretty accurate. Give it a try. It sure made me think...I can do this and it's worth it!
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • QuilterInVA
    QuilterInVA Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    What you eat and how much activity, especially strength training, you do has a lot to do with how you will look.
  • AverageUkDude
    AverageUkDude Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Could an alternative to find a picture of someone's figure you would like and print off a picture?
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    This is interesting, I'd never even thought about something like this. I just did the modelmydiet.com simulator and not only does it seem fairly accurate for me for my current weight and goal weight I also did a comparison with my starting weight as my current weight and my current weight as my goal and that was a REAL eye opener. Wow! Thanks for the post. It just made me really excited again for the progress I've made. Lol. (:
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    I am not sure it is possible to know what a person would look like at a lighter weight, since losing fat isn't an evenly distributed process across a body. It would be hard to predict.

^ This.

I keep pics of me when I was thinner around sometimes, but if you've never been at your goal weight, I can see how hard it would be to picture yourself there.
  • Alpina483
    Alpina483 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    A very frequent tip I keep bumping into in all kinds of articles is to photoshop (our cut out and paste) your head (minus cheeks) on a picture of any body that you'd like to have and that is more or less your frame type. They say it works, I never tried but maybe I should ))))
  • gav2085
    gav2085 Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks everyone :smile: I will try a few. Need all the motivation I can

Thanks again for all your help
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    http://mybodygalleryformen.com will show you pics of men at different heights and sizes. Unfortunately it appears to be far less extensive than the one for women. I find it interesting to see other people at my goal weight.
  • xxslvrxwngsxx
    xxslvrxwngsxx Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    you can try www.faceinhole.com
    You pick a stock photo and add your face to it. They have pics of all sorts of different people of all shapes and sizes and different outfits and stuff. You can even play with the color of your picture so the skin tones match up, if you are good you can make is look real LOL