Petite women- How much do you eat??

Options

Replies

• worldsbestauntie
    worldsbestauntie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and currently weight 125. I've lost close to 13lbs in the last month. I average around 1200 calories a day. There are days I eat back more of the calories I burn then other days.
  • talisamb
    talisamb Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4.5" and my weight ranges from 132-135. I eat 1700-1900 calories daily. I exercise 4-5 times each week.
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 1" and MFP has my cals set to 1,230 per day. I usually burn about 200-500 cals per day with exercise and I always log them. so I average about maybe 1,500 or so at the end of the day. hope that helps. I'm trying to get back to logging very seriously and my diary is open so Feel free to add me anyone who wants :)
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit under 5'3" and on avg. I've been eating 1450 Cals per day and losing a lb a week. I was losing a lb every wk until I got within 12 lbs of goal. Then it switched to staying steady for a couple of wks and losing 2 lbs all at once (still avg 1lb/wk). This last weigh-in (today) I lost a bit over 1 lb over 2 wks, so it looks like I'm slowing down, which I expected.

Of course, I also increased my avg Cals by about a hundred the last couple of weeks so that could be it, too. I've been under some stress recently and suddenly gotten hungrier and started feeling less energetic (also, not my TOM) so thought maybe I'd better eat a bit more. Seems to have worked.

ETA: I've got a sedentary job and until the last week, have been walking 30min/day and lifting once a week.
  • aNewYear123
    aNewYear123 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1", work at a computer, and my exercise is erratic. So I use sedentary (1200-1300 - depending on the calculator) and eat back exercise calories.
  • hdtracy
    hdtracy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2". I never really know what to put in for the activity calculators, because I do have a desk job, so I'm sitting on my butt for a good portion of my day. But then when I get home I do 40 minutes on the treadmill each night, with a rest day here and there as needed depending on schedule or when stuff gets in the way, I don't stress too much if I miss a day here and there.

MFP default has me net 1200 - which just made me miserable and I'd never be able to keep up long term anyway, so I did some TDEE calculators, and also got a FitBit which has been cool because it has helped me bridge the gap between my activity level during the day at work and my activity level at home when I work out and tells me that I burn about 2100 calories a day on average (I've only had it about 5 days, so it's still a pretty new device, but this is what my average appears to be as of now.) So I've upped the MFP net goal to 1500, and definitely feel much less deprived, and happy knowing that I still have a built in deficit. I do normally eat back my exercise calories as well - as long as I'm netting 1500ish, I'm good.

The fitbit has been the thing that has helped me not to stress as much over the numbers. I can see an average graph of what I burn per day right up against an average graph what I take in each day, and as long as I'm maintaining a healthy deficit there, I know I'm doing okay :)
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and 132 pounds and eat about 1,700 - 2,000 calories a day. I have my TDEE set at sedentary, to lose .2 per week; but I eat all my exercise calories. It works for me....
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I eat 1230 calories base +400 calories for breastfeeding and then I usually eat back about 1/2 of my exercise calories. I have consistantly been losing 1 lb a week on this.

1 am 5' 1 and currently 133 lb
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    What's Petite? If I'm being honest with myself I'm a smidge over 5'3", but the Navy once told me 5'4" so that's what it says on my ID, lol.

I'm about 154. My lifestyle is sedentary ish (No kids, not working, just kinda hanging out) but I workout 3-5 hours a week, so I put myself as lightly active (I could probably bump up to Moderate with no ill effects) and my goal is 1725. I started at 1625 in the last week of April, increased 3rd week of May. I've lost 7.4 pounds since May 3rd.

I do not eat back workout calories (Cause TDEE-20%) but I do plan to bump up to 1825 in another month or so.When I start lifting again in August I'll probably move up to 1900-2000 and see how that goes. No harm in increasing gradually, worse that can possible happen is you hit maintenance (which is a good number to be aware of anyway.)
  • kayaksara
    kayaksara Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am 43 years old. 5' 1.5". I aim to eat 1200. I rarely lose more than .5 per week. I am 141 lbs down from 160-something in January. It's slow going for me especially since I have gotten older. I hit plateaus like everyone else. I do Jillian Michaels DVD's most of the time - about 30 minutes a day. I sit most of the day at my job. I seem to notice my weight go down faster when I stop eating by 5 pm. I actually look better with a much flatter belly and with less bloat. Changing my workout routine often helps being stuck. I figure slow is better. I would like to get to 125 and I figure it will be next January to lose that 16 pounds. Slow and steady wins the race! I have lost inches though!!!
    Good luck!
  • JohanaPeace
    Options
    I'm about 125lbs 5'2 down from 172 back last year. i did an extreme transformation, but any how, i wanna reach to 115, my calorie net is 1380. I feel like it'll be unhealthy to lower my calories :-/ idk what to do. I do alot of cardio and i have little bit of pouch belly which is wat i wanna get rid of the most. I wouldnt really consider myself petite though.
  • giveMEbeauty
    giveMEbeauty Posts: 192
    Options
    4ft 11
  • Gee_24
    Gee_24 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I'm 4ft 8.5 and my TDEE is 2000. I'm currently eating at 1200 but will move up to 1600 shortly.
  • Coquette6
    Coquette6 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    5'0", 26 years old, 125.3lbs. TDEE is around 1950, I eat around 1650 (averages). I'm not losing much weight but I am losing inches and that's all that matters to me.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I realize I said my TDEE was 1400-1600 but I meant that is my goal based on 20% reduction from TDEE. So if I change to moderately active on Scoobys, it gives me a goal of 1615. Maybe I'll try that for a while and see what happens.
    But how much more do you want to lose? 137 sounds great. Maybe this is you body saying hey wait a minute I'm good!

My goal is around 120lbs or 22% body fat, whichever comes first. Right now I am at 26% body fat and I still have some pudgy areas. I was 120 a few years ago and it was a good weight for me.

Your activity level is not 3-5 hours/week moderate; it is 5-6 hours/week strenuous.
  • WhitneySheree88
    WhitneySheree88 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Time. I went from 177 to 150 in a few months and then just stalled. I dropped calories, upped calories, ate at maintenance, worked out hard and for months (4 months to be exact) nothing happened. I could see my body changing a little but the scale never moved. Then I got mad, threw in the towel and said forget it, I can't do this anymore i'm supposed to be fluffy and started eating like I used to, anything and everything I wanted for 2 weeks. I woke up one morning and had gained 4 pounds. I got a little upset with myself then brushed it off and started over. Within the next week of eating 1400 calories and working out lightly I lost 2 pounds, then another 2 and now I am down to 145 pounds, which is one of my mini goals :happy:
    Maybe eat at maintenance for a couple weeks, then drop down to 1500 and workout? See if that doesn't help. Best of luck doll! Don't give up, you can do this! And Congratulations of your progress this far! :flowerforyou:
  • KatAdele
    KatAdele Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3.5" and weigh 195 lbs. I net 1560 (my BMR) and eat back exercise calories and lose weight pretty steadily. I had stalled but started paying more attention to macros, eating more protein and started losing again. I usually end up with 1900-2000 cals after exercise.
  • akp4Him
    akp4Him Posts: 227
    Options
    bump to read later!!
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Would love to hear the responses! cause as you know, I'm in the same boat girl!

Me too. These last 23 pounds won't budge. >.<
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    I'm 4ft 10in, I weigh 104.4lbs and my maintenance is around 2500.
    I am currently trying to work out a sensible cut.