My iPhone helped me to lose 9lbs!

Options
Actually, I'm sorry I haven't said hello earlier. I wanted to see if I can really commit to this new program before I posted anything. Funny how I started to be a member on this site...it was all thanks to my new iPhone. Yeah! pretty silly. But, I've lost 9 lbs by controlling how much I eat and doing Tai Chi.

A year a go I was doing the same thing with my hubby. We were on a diet for 5 months solid. I was killing myself going to the gym 3 times a week for an hour and all I lost was like 8 lbs during those months. Arg! It was really depressing me. My hubby on the other hand lost more weight than I did and that just frusturated me. Then...I had a surgery during the holidays and couldn't do much exercise. So, I gained all of it back and more.

So, in summary...if something so silly as a phone app puts you back on track....then why not try it. Right? All you got to lose is weight.

Happy Healthy You!

Replies

• jamie11k
    Options
    Congrats on finding the thing that works for you! Keep it up!
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    That is how I got started in April.....4.5 months later I am down 35 pounds! It works!
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Same here. I was just saying today that I want to leave a review for the app as it helped me to come here. Not only is it easy to track my calories but through this forum I have learned so much and I think (and hope) I am on the right way now :smile:
  • BrattyLori
    BrattyLori Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    WHat app? MyFitnessPal I'm picking up my brand new iPhone this evening! Im so excited!
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Yes it is My Fitness Pal. It is really useful to track your foods. It shows your progress as well which is nice. Especially when your by the fridge and just about to snack...just look at the progress curve going down as a reminder how well you've been doing! :smile:
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    The iPhone app has helped me loose 10 pounds so far just by monitoring my calorie intake (I only downloaded the app and started using it at the end of July). It was actually because of the app that I found the website.

10 out of 10 for the app :)
  • JZanntial
    JZanntial Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Well...once you do get your phone go to the apple app store on your phone (there will be an icon) and search for myfitnesspal app. Its free and really makes calorie counting easy
  • JZanntial
    JZanntial Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks. You too!
  • Pir8dave
    Pir8dave Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I've been using the MyFitnessPal app on my Droid X. (Android.) It is great and makes tracking food sooooo easy. The database is extensive and accurate and it is simply indespensible for me. I use the food diary and monitor my calories and exercise on it daily. I record my foods after each meal It's in the Android Market and is free
  • 808kaupe
    Options
    yea i got the app on my iphone also. Its really great if your always on the go. I love it.