Isit possible to lose 30lb in 73 days?

Options
I really want to know whether it is possible to lose 30lb in a healthy way within that amount of time.. I'm willing to make any changes anybody suggests so please tell me what to do ! Also one more question I've been reading up on something calle HIIT and apparently this sort of excercise is the best sort of excercise? Really wanna get back on the train and get rid of these thunder thighs ! Please help :)

My starting weight is 143 and my goal weight is 119 :) it's mainly my thighs and butt that's such a problem area for me

Replies

• thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Unless you are obese and have A LOT of weight to lose, you can't safely lose 30lbs in 73 days. According to your ticker you want to lose 18kg.... so no, you cannot lose 30lbs in 73 days in a healthy way.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    To be honest, that seems like a lot of weight to lose in a very short time. And if you're going to try HIIT training, you might not lose as much weight as you would inches. So focus on getting into shape rather than the number on the scale. I think it's totally possible to get in shape in 73 days, but to lose that much weight and do it the healthy way, I'd say it's pushing it. But you can definitely lose inches and get toned in that time! There are lots of HIIT programs out there. DVD, youtube, make your own. Do you have any in mind?
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    You CAN lose 30lbs in 2.5 months, but it will NOT be in a healthy way. Why the short deadline?
    Depending on how much to lose, how bad your diet was (that you are just changing from), and how much of a deficit you are creating, you can lose 15-20, possibly..
  • hafsahkh
    hafsahkh Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    To be honest, that seems like a lot of weight to lose in a very short time. And if you're going to try HIIT training, you might not lose as much weight as you would inches. So focus on getting into shape rather than the number on the scale. I think it's totally possible to get in shape in 73 days, but to lose that much weight and do it the healthy way, I'd say it's pushing it. But you can definitely lose inches and get toned in that time! There are lots of HIIT programs out there. DVD, youtube, make your own. Do you have any in mind?

Hey:) yeah it does seem like quite a lot of weight but it's what my ideal weight is:( I've seen a load of HIIT videos on YouTube which I'm hoping to try isit true they burn fat quicker? My thighs and butt are disgusting :(
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Hey:) yeah it does seem like quite a lot of weight but it's what my ideal weight is:( I've seen a load of HIIT videos on YouTube which I'm hoping to try isit true they burn fat quicker? My thighs and butt are disgusting :(

I wouldn't say that they burn fat quicker so much as they make you work harder. The tried and true HIIT workout that will give you super quick results is Insanity. So I would think about that. It works out EVERYTHING, but the exercises like the mountain climbers and the types of squats they do really workout your booty. But make sure you are eating your calories back! You burn a lot with HIIT training and you want to make sure your body has the proper amount of fuel it needs.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options

HIIT burns more calories in a shorter period of time. You need to ensure you are eating enough, eating properly and getting in the exercise to lose weight.

If you try to exercise so much to try and lose 30lbs in 73 days you will lose some weight however most, if not all will be from muscle and not fat. You need to ensure you are not trying to lose too quickly (by having a smaller deficit) so that you minimize muscle loss along the way.

Don't try to lose so much in such a short period of time. Lose weight in a healthy way. Back in Oct you posted about your thighs .... why did you wait to do something about it? Stop focusing on the negatives and focus on losing weight the right way (in a slower, healthy way as you properly fuel your body).

You didn't gain 30lsb in 73 days so don't try to lose it in such a short time frame. Focus on being healthy.
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options

Fitness Blender 8 week fat loss pogram. It's like 7 dollars and it gets you toned. NO not that much in 30 days but you will feel bette and you do lose healthily. I wouldn't focus so much on the scale.
  • QuilterInVA
    QuilterInVA Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Weight loss must be slow and steady to allow time for your body and mind to adjust to your new lifestyle. 1/2-2 pounds per week is healthy weight loss. Your goal is not healthy unless you are very obese. You can't spot reduce anything.
  • LavaDoll
    LavaDoll Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    *Strict* Keto or Atkins diet, combined with six days a week hiit, insanity, and/or combo cardio/circuit training program.

And drink hella water and take daily vitamin supplements.

But you don't have that much to lose, so it probably won't come off that fast.

Maybe 100 days.

And then you will need to wean off that kind of hardcore regime and make weekly changes back to balance of maintenence.

Keep in mind, it may not be so much the weight that is bothering you, but maybe lean mass or definition.

Focus on improving the tone of your muscles, while setting your ketosis food diet plan on auto-pilot.

You can do this.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Not really possible in a healthy way since you're not that overweight right now. The people who lose weight that fast are generally very overweight or doing it in very unhealthy manners (or possibly both).
  • tatasmagik
    tatasmagik Posts: 185
    Options
    Not without surgery or cocaine.
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Why do you want to set some time-based goal? Don't you think it would be better to just trend downward? Time-based goals rarely, if ever, succeed. I'd rather you would concentrate on getting physically active and making nutritious food choices and losing small amounts of weight over a longer period of time.
  • SadFaerie
    SadFaerie Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Whoa, easy with that HIIT! It's not for beginners! Your heart is a muscle, too, and it has to be conditioned prior to starting any kind of high intensity training. Sorry, but just as you don't gain 30lb in 70 days, you don't lose 30lb in 70 days. Start off with low to medium intensity steady cardio, get in shape, then start thinking about HIIT.
  • crystalc27
    crystalc27 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    It took me 73 days to lose 15 pounds, losing weight is a process takes time and patience. I personally think 143 is also a good weight depending on how tall u are.