Question for the girls

lindakp83
lindakp83 Posts: 45
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Does your weight loss stall when you are on your period?

Replies

• I'm not sure if I'm the best one to respond to this because I had to have a hysterectomy 20 yrs ago (age 34) .... So no periods .... But I do know that many women have a slight gain at that time of the month because of water retention. Therefore, I suppose that it could be very possible to also see a short plateau time during your period.

KIM
  • rfialkiewicz
    rfialkiewicz Posts: 183 Member
    Yes, it's normal.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    On the scale, yes. Due to water retention. But in all actuality your metabolism is slightly boosted when you are on your period.
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    I usually gain a few pounds before and during... stinks. Along the same lines.... anybody ever have a really light period while eating well and exercise?? I'm on bc... (not that I think that matters)... so everything is still scheduled right.... just really light (not that I'm complaining! haha)
  • Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    It sure does...due to water retention....the body goes into "survival mode"....to compensate I try to drink more water and work out everyday no matter what....even if I feel drained I do my best.
  • I might be all alone in this, it seems to not be the norm, and, in fact, be weird.

I lose weight. Seriously. The first day I usually drop a pound. I still feel all gross and like I take up more space, but I actually drop a pound on the scale. Some times I stall out a little the week before (these days I'm losing so slow its hard to tell) and then the first day BAM! gone.

If anyone else out there has this happen, let me know, cuz I haven't talked to anyone else with this.
  • Well, I just wondered because I usually weigh in today and I went from 223 to 222.8. That is not what I expected. I figured at least a pound or two. So I am going to wait a couple days and weigh again.
  • I think it is all individual. I tend to fluctuate gaining during my period and losing it after. I wouldn't worry as long as that weight doesn't stick with you.

I think we retain water at that time?
  • xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    I might be all alone in this, it seems to not be the norm, and, in fact, be weird.

I lose weight. Seriously. The first day I usually drop a pound. I still feel all gross and like I take up more space, but I actually drop a pound on the scale. Some times I stall out a little the week before (these days I'm losing so slow its hard to tell) and then the first day BAM! gone.

If anyone else out there has this happen, let me know, cuz I haven't talked to anyone else with this.

I could be wrong, because I haven't weighed myself before my period in a long time, but I'm pretty sure I lose also. It's not an amazing amount or anything, and I probably always ended up gaining it back, but I remember wondering if all that... stuff... :wink: really weighed that much. (This was before I was informed about water weight.)
  • I might be all alone in this, it seems to not be the norm, and, in fact, be weird.

I could be wrong, because I haven't weighed myself before my period in a long time, but I'm pretty sure I lose also. It's not an amazing amount or anything, and I probably always ended up gaining it back, but I remember wondering if all that... stuff... :wink: really weighed that much. (This was before I was informed about water weight.)

I always figured I retained a lot of water before and then for some reason on the actual day of I dropped it all. Glad I'm not alone in this though.
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    I usually gain a pound or two before my period begins and then lose it as soon as I start.
    I'm not sure how normal I am, though, since I usually lose 15 pounds when I first become pregnant. My body is very strange sometimes.
  • Susan57
    Susan57 Posts: 40 Member
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! when i still had them. it is bad i k good luck!
This discussion has been closed.