It's about time

Options
Dgadd17
Dgadd17 Posts: 49 Member
My post topic relates to a couple things. First thing being, it's about time I finally start taking my health seriously. I'm 44 and started this journey at 236 lbs. I started MFP last week, and have lurked around the boards while logging faithfully every day. I'm down 8 pounds all together, 3 since I started MFP. Already, it's making a difference for me to actually SEE what I'm doing every day. Yay me!
The second thing it's about time for is for me to come out of shadows and introduce myself. I suffer from a mild to moderate case of social anxiety, so it always takes me a little while before I put myself out there. :blushing: My goal is to get down into the 160's or 170's...anything beyond that will just be icing on the cake. I've lost that much a couple times before, using fen-phen the first time (worked great, bad idea in the long run) and South Beach Diet (worked great, gained it all back as soon as I started incorporating pasta, rice, potatoes back into my diet). I'd finally given up and decided that I'd be stuck at around 230-ish forever, when I discovered a new fitness class that's taking off in my area. After one class, I was hooked! Although I haven't lost a bunch of weight, numbers-wise, I've lost inches all over the place and have begun redistributing nicely. I'm down a jeans size, which is very cool. My husband loves all the new flexibility I'm getting from the classes too, so that's a bonus too. I'm hoping all the things I'm learning on MFP and my faithful logging will help me start to see more results on the scale.
Anyway, I'm always open to meeting new friends who have similar goals/experiences.

Replies

• carollynch09
    carollynch09 Posts: 111
    Options
    What class are you taking? I've yet to join a class at the gym but maybe thats what I need. I've been stuck on 150 for a couple weeks now.

Glad you came out to play shy one! I LOVE your comment about your hubby liking your flexibility! hahaha

Good luck on your new lifestyle. Pls add me if you'd like :)
  • Dgadd17
    Dgadd17 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    The class is called Pachanga Latin Workout. It's kind of a cross between Zumba and kickboxing. Tons of cardio, some Latin dance moves, and core strengthening all in one. It's a blast and right now, it's only available in the Denver area. I sweat my butt off (literally and figuratively) and have a ball, even though I felt in the beginning more like an elephant on roller skates than a person trying to be fit. lol Coordination has never been one of my strong points!
  • myfitspiration7
    Options
    Welcome! Consistency is key!!!

Congrats on the weight loss! You are well on your way!
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you'd like. I'd be happy to help.