Sometimes it just seems easier

Options
To just get fat again. I'm tired of this effort. Of this back and forth. I've lost 20 lbs, gained back every pound. Everytime I get on track, either my back acts up, my asthma acts up or life acts up and I have to re-prioritize because there isn't time left or energy left in the day to make the EFFORT. I'm tired of logging food, I'm tired of making time to exercise. I have 13 hours away from home each day, by the time I cook and clean, I'm too exhausted for anything else. I don't have time to log, to exercise, barely have time to think. I'm frustrated. Anyone else ever feel this way?

Replies

• JessicaPasieka
    JessicaPasieka Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I had a moment last night. I had to go to my room and just sit on my bed and shed a couple of tears. Sometimes, I feel like all of my effort is for nothing. I feel exhausted, like I can't go on. But then I got up and I looked at myself in the mirror. And all of those feelings went away. I have made SO much progress that no matter how tired, exhausted and run down I may feel sometimes because of life and life's problems, somehow, some way, I've managed to stand where I am today, a happier and healthier me. And that's worth it.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    I think we all feel that way at times. But But I sure like fitting in my clothes, I sure like being able to run around and not waddle around, I like going to the doctor and that weight being down. Especially having something to wear and not squeezed in my clothes, getting a job or a husband is a lot easier (discrimination but it is out there) not being embarrassed breaking chairs or fitting into 2 seats and people making fun of you. I like being able to walk and swim at the beach (I seen a lady so big she stayed in the room the whole time, it was so hard for her to walk down to the beach) Yep, I wish I was a natural skinny but I believe it is worth it to eat less and take care of ourself! I look at the pictures on this site and Wow these people look good after losing the weight!

It is like spending too much and you have the consequences, stress of bills and bill collectors, eating too much, you have health problems, high blood pressure, not wearing your clothes and of course all the people making fun of you doesn't feel good.
  • Jtorres326
    Jtorres326 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies. It's comforting to hear I'm not alone in this.
  • hzliiz
    hzliiz Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    It is hard to eat well, work out, track what you're doing. I've been maintaining for four years and it's still an effort and downright hard some days. I lost and gained the same 20-25 lbs probably eight or nine times before -- that was mentally hard and exhausting. Thing is, it's hard being overweight and uncomfortable inside your own body too, just in a different way. Have to choose which "hard" you want to live with.
  • Simonnoble
    Simonnoble Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Set yourself some targets , short term first , wether its weight , bodyfat percentage , dress size , the point here is , you set your own goal. When you reach it , treat yourself , buy some new clothes , pat yourself on the back and tell the wholevworld how we'll you've done. Take a pic of yourself , don't show anyone , when you hit your target take another and compare , there will be a difference and you'll love it . Tell yourself that all that hard work was worth it in the end.
    Now set another target and go again , the key is dont give up now matter how hard it is , how **** you feel , it is always easier to find an excuse rather than go to the gym , change your diet is a massive point , cut out unnecessary carbs , your body doesn't need them , no chips , no bread , no white rice , pasta and booze. It sounds really hard but its about a lifestyle change , exercise and diet go together , you do one without the other.
    There will always be days when you think , why do I bother , it's too hard , I need a glass of wine , I'll miss a day , these questions happen to everyone , its all in your mind playing tricks , be strong , stick to your targets , set another , don't give in to the questions , you can do it , train with someone in a similar position , if you can get a personal trainer to kick start you off , it's worth every Penney if get the right one.
    Good luck