Deleting Friends

Options
Sad to say. How long do you wait before deleting some one? When they have not logged in for 3 days, 1 week, 30 days. Chime in and let me know.

Hope you Sunday is a GREAT one,

Rich

Replies

• twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I just don`t add friends then I don`t have the whole deleting thing going on :tongue:
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    1 week.
  • greypilgrimess
    greypilgrimess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I usually give them at least a month. People can go away for a couple weeks and not have access to the site (I don't take my laptop on holidays and my phone doesn't do apps). They might have fallen off the wagon and really need some support when they get back.

I gave up earlier this year, and didn't log on for about 3 months. I'm very fortunate my friends didn't remove me, because I'm keen to get back on track and it was nice to see some familiar faces. (Thanks guys!)
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    One when they ridicule me, Two when they barely log, Three when they deactivate and finally if I
    never have any exchange of talk, support or commodity with them despite 'my' efforts.
  • cenafan
    cenafan Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I stopped adding friends (except people I know in real life) as I was tired of the requests for "mutual" support which seemed to be me supporting them and them never even acknowledging my existence.
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't delete anyone unless they were mean or abusive.

I'm not that up myself and precious to delete people for no reason.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    havent ever deleted anyone. you'd be surprised how many come back, and that gives me hope.
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I give it a month. Some times people have stuff going on - vacation, family emergencies, surgery, a death - and they can't make time to log in here because they have more urgent things to deal with.
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I usually delete if I notice inconsistent behavior or I feel the person is a friend collector(I usually delete anyone who has over 200 friends on there list).
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    I don't delete people based on set periods of time. I rarely check on that anyway. If I'm going to delete someone, it's usually because that person's behavior isn't something I want to deal with reading in my news feed (which happens rarely).
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Sad to say. How long do you wait before deleting some one? When they have not logged in for 3 days, 1 week, 30 days. Chime in and let me know.

Hope you Sunday is a GREAT one,

Rich

If they never support me or say a word to me, ever, even though I support them, that annoys me and I may delete them.
  • FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Before I friend someone I check their posts to see if they're positive or negative people, never-give-uppers or whiners...don't add whiners/negative. Then if after I friend them, it seems the posts are all about them, instead of a 2 way conversation, then I delete them. Or if they seem to have given up on MFP, but I don't have a set amount of time, would depend on how things were before they stopped logging on. Been active since February, & had 8 friends at one time...3 deleted because they stopped being active, 2 deleted because it was all about them, but very happy w/the 3 I have, lots of 2 way encouragement. In fact 2 of them became "friends" over posts on my page. It's ridiculous to have so many "friends" that you can't even keep track of them.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    I go through my list every few weeks and delete inactives, unless I know them in RL, or I know that they're out of vacation or some other reason.

No harm, no foul. If they recommit, they can always send a new FR.
  • tiger4nikki
    tiger4nikki Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    The only reason I would delete anyone is if they were a mean, hateful person. I will be going away in about 2 weeks because I am having surgery. I don't know how many days it will be before I feel like coming back. I have also decided that for the 1st week after my surgery, I am not going to worry about my intake AT ALL. I will need extra calories to heal and if I gain a pound or 2 back, so what? I also won't be able to do ANY kind of exercise for 6 weeks, other than walking once I feel up to it. This may be a little set-back for me, but after the 1st week or so, I will start counting my intake again. Hopefully after 2 weeks, I will feel like walking. You just never know what is going on with a person. I wouldn't worry about deleting them.
  • Mrs_Bones
    Mrs_Bones Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    When it gets to the point that they haven't signed in for over three weeks and haven't made any mention of going away on holidays or needing to take a break... I think it's time. For me anyways! I want to surround myself with supportive people who are doing their best and by keeping numbers down that way, I can be really supportive too.
  • sub10orbust
    sub10orbust Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    1 sec
  • cwaters120
    cwaters120 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I only delete if its more than a weekend (without notice - your friends usually mention going on vacations) AND habitual lapsing. Other than that I only delete whiners (I don't know why I can't lose - then you check their diary and its full of junk or blank and no exercise logged). I know it seems harsh, but my journey is important too and I only want the positive and dedicated facing me every day. :ohwell:
  • _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I've only deleted 1 person, and that's because she spent the entirety of her posts talking about inane rubbish, that wasn't remotely diet or exercise related. I like motivational talk, success stories, peoples achievements, if I wanted to read a load of BS, I would scroll through my Facebook news feed.
  • tbetts23
    tbetts23 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Interesting... I have been having my own sort of pity party. I have not logged a damn thing but I've been stalking my friends. Just by being on my feed they had inspired me enough that I have decided that I'm going to do things "right" again. If they had deleted me...who knows. Also I have friends that I started with that haven't been on for months. We started together and I hope to be there when they're ready.
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    changed my mind... never unless they are mean to someone