Do you ever wonder if some people WANT you to get fat?!

Options
2»

Replies

• jollygoodgal
    jollygoodgal Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I think you hit the nail on the head....I have friends like that and assume they are jealous. I have one who always says "Is that ALL you're going to eat. When out with them, I try to spread my food out on my plate to look like more, or tell them I had a late breakfast or large lunch - anything to make an excuse for what I am eating so I can stick to my diet. Or, when we play cards she will bring a sweet snack or pie or cake and then I have to eat some, but usually serve myself and make it very small. Last week, friends came to our house and I had baked a cake. She asked for a very small piece which I gave her...had two bites and when her husband was finished said "Bob will you finish this?" I think he knew the reason why and I didn't make any comment - I may well try that the next time. Good luck....jollygoodgal
  • anothercolleen
    anothercolleen Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have two best friends that are like sisters. One is extremely supportive of my weight loss efforts. She checks in and frequently offers to go walking together.

The other ignores it or cooks things that I can't or shouldn't eat. I am beginning to think that she's getting worried. She was always thin. In the last 10 years however she's gained weight and it's about a size 18/20. I'm convinced she's concerned that after all these years she is going to be the "fat friend".