Over in carbs but have calories left and hungry!

Options
ebgbjo
ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
Any suggestions on what I should eat with these nutritional remaining?

Calories 383
Protein 90
Carbs -14
Sat fat 6
Sodium 1,138
Iron 357

My mouth is saying chocolate ice cream, but I know it will ruin my hard work. I could kill for some chocolate cake right now as well.
Nuts, seeds, and the like are out.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Replies

• takumaku
    takumaku Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Eat the chocolate ice cream! Or ... full fat greek yogurt topped with coco nibs. The nibs will give you the chocolate sensation you are craving.
  • ebgbjo
    Options
    ooh, I am going to have to find some Chocolate Nibs! Wonder if my local Stop & Shop or Shaws carries any.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I would have some nutella peanuts and a banana with one scoop of fat free yogurt icecream...why are nuts sees etc out? ...just curious....
  • lulu0687
    lulu0687 Posts: 6
    Options
    Something crunchy, like a salad. With lots of vegs.
  • debaloo
    debaloo Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Several times a week I make a cottage cheese whip. 1 cup of cottage cheese and 1 cup of frozen strawberries with 2 droppers of Stevia. I put that in my Vitamix and it makes an ice cream You could add some chocolate to this:)
  • _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Have some fruit. Eat strawberries or grapefruit, it takes more calories for your body to digest them than what is actually in them. Have some oats, and most importantly - don't be scared of carbs. Go over, it's balanced by the macros you didn't go over.
  • aaronrlindemann
    aaronrlindemann Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Get some chocolate protein powder on hand for times like this... low carb, high protein.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    How are your percentages for the week? And if you stay within your calories for the week, how is ice cream going to ruin your progress?
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I'm having ice cream with a large dark chocolate cookie tonight. Maybe you should do the same.
  • ebgbjo
    Options
    I would have some nutella peanuts and a banana with one scoop of fat free yogurt icecream...why are nuts sees etc out? ...just curious....

I had oral re-constructive surgery last year and am still wearing braces. Not only do things like seeds and nuts get lodged in brackets, the roof of my mouth is still not able to take certain textures.

I eat 40/40/20. I do have chocolate peanut butter protein powder, but that was my lunch this afternoon.
  • glheureux56
    Options
    2 chicken breasts (broiled - boneless skinless) or 2 hard boiled eggs or a combination of both.
  • aaronrlindemann
    aaronrlindemann Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    The closer you get to those goals, the more critical those macros become. I wouldn't be overly worried about it if I were you, but there certainly ARE solutions to what you're trying to do (but they might not be as sweet).
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    when i'm in that spot, i look to protein...anything that's high in protein is usually low in carbs. Chicken breasts like suggested for example or cheese. Can't see your diary so i have no idea what you like to eat.
  • elryn
    elryn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    For me when I'm hungry I like to have something to chew on. So even though Greek Yogurt is an excellent high protein snack, I get the plain low fat, add a tsp of sugar (sorry it's just too tart for me without a smidge of sugar), a bit of lemon juice and rind (or vanilla) - and top with fresh berries (blueberries, strawberries, you name it). As someone else mentioned you could sprinkle with chocolate nibs if you're really craving chocolate and don't think you'll be satisfied without it.

Also for a chocolate ice cream fix, Weight Watchers has a pretty good frozen bar (the Giants are 90 calories and I've seen 1/2 size 45 calorie at Walmart). They were rated well by Nutrition Action newsletter (the Center for Science in the Public Interest folks who have big newstories about unhealthy foods in restaurants)..
  • thomasjbrock
    thomasjbrock Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Read Joel Fuhrman's "Eat to live". I've lost 270 pounds in 17 months. Carbs are what's making you hungry. It's time to get serious about your health.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Eat a slab of steak.
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    If you're craving something special, you should have it. Indulge in a normal portion of it. Eat it slowly. Enjoy it. If you don't, you'll binge later and all your hard work will be in vain. You can't expect to go through your entire life without the little indulgences that we all crave. You just need to learn not to pig out on things.

As to carbs - eating too many carbs will keep you hungry. Fat and protein fills you up and you don't get hungry.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs with melted cheddar and a side of bacon.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    you have lost 55lbs I think you deserve a little icecream ....enjoy!
  • minijuggernaut
    minijuggernaut Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Go microwave a quest bar.