Anyone's "problem" their stomach?!?

Options
Basically I have been on my "journey" since the ending of January and have since went from 281 down to 186. Have went from a dd bra to room in a c, 3x to xl in shirts and from a 26 in jeans to a 16/18 depending on cut and style. So I've done pretty decently. I'm just getting frustrated because I feel like I'm loosing weight everywhere besides my main "problem" area which is my stomach. If you look trough my diaries I admit I do not eat much and I have been told that I need to eat more and that fact could be part of my problem however other people have told me that the whole starvation mode thing isn't true and our bodies storing fat isn't true. I just basically want to know if anyone has any tips. In the past I have not really exercised because I'm lazy and lack the motivation to get out of bed and do it and have no problem admitting it. If anyone who is still on their way or is just maintaining and could share some tips I'd greatly appreciate it!

Replies

• FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    For a lot of women, the stomach is the first place we gain weight and the last place we lose from. Sounds like you might fall into this category.
  • SJackson50
    SJackson50 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    First...congratulations on your hard work and successes.
    I truly believe exercise is the key. I've tried to lose weight a million times and until I "found" Jillian Michaels, nothing ever worked for me. The results I've achieved were on 30 minutes a day.
    Good luck with your goals and again, fantastic job thus far!
    sj
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    My stomach is also my problem area. First to gain, last to lose. Blah.

You have lost an amazing amount of weight!

Weight training really helps to reshape the entire body.

I have a large fibroid and until that is removed no matter how much I lose, my belly will still look 3 months pregnant.
  • alxpitcher
    alxpitcher Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My stomach is the last place I loose weight; I am 5'9" 178 right now and the smallest pants I can wear are 12/14. My goal is about 160 and even there I will never get below a large 8 or 10. It will come off, sadly it might take it awhile to catch up to the rest of your loss. Your doing great, just keep it up and you will see the results!!
  • phw426
    phw426 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    better to ask if anyones problem is not their stomach:)
  • DevraJensen
    Options
    I'm still trying to get my stomach to flatten. I only have a few more pounds to go but there's still a lot hanging around that area.
  • JesseDP00
    JesseDP00 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I busted out laughing when I read this title, if I gain 10lbs - eight or more seems to go to my stomach.
  • Mercybou
    Mercybou Posts: 27
    Options
    Try working on you stomach muscle a little more muscle burns fat... I've had a problem with mine but Iv been building my core it's not flat but it's not like it use too. Look up some stomach work outs see if it will help :)
  • kbsd456
    kbsd456 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    It appears that you are an apple shape so you store most of your fat in your stomach. There is unfortunately not really a way to lose fat from a specific area on your body but some people manage to do it once they get down to their goal weight, for some their "problem area" is the last thing to go. If dieting and exercising up to your goal does not work, you can do a tummy tuck or liposuction. I'm a pear shape so I store most of my fat in my thighs and butt, most women have a "problem area". Btw, great job on the weight loss!
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    You've done exceptionally well. Congratulations. The stomach is the very last to go. Believe me. But, it will, depending on your age. I assume you're not meno. If so, all bets are off. But you "will" lose the stomach. Meantime, do enough cardio to lose fat and enough resistance training to tone and build muscle. You can tone your core muscles. But there are no exercises that will help you actually shrink your stomach.

A tip: Try 2 tsp of coconut oil each morning. It has helped me lose stomach fat and lose inches in the waist. In fact, it's proven that some good fat daily does that. Safflower oil is also used by many. But good fat helps to lose fat.

Otherwise, don't be impatient. The gut will go. But, it will go last.
  • irivas1
    irivas1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I can relate to this! I look like Humpty Dumpty (really, it's true). I have lost 15 pounds and the first place I have noticed a difference are with my extremities. I look like I have skinny legs and arms with a big round egg in the center. Yup, yup...Humpty and I are related...secrets out. :laugh:

PS: I only noticed the loss in my stomach today, when I realized my pants were falling down!

PSS: Nope...no answers for you. Sorry.
  • toscarthearmada
    toscarthearmada Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    The tummy is all I have left to lose. Just don't give up and ask yourself how bad you want it! I want it pretty damn bad.
  • dancinmama
    dancinmama Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You're doing fabulous, congrats!!! i thought my stomach would not ever go down either, but now as I'm closing in on my goal, it is really going down, almost gone. I thought it would never happen, but it ha! Just be patient, you can't spot reduce it. It will come as the rest of your weight comes off, I guarantee it!
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    First...congratulations on your hard work and successes.
    I truly believe exercise is the key. I've tried to lose weight a million times and until I "found" Jillian Michaels, nothing ever worked for me. The results I've achieved were on 30 minutes a day.
    Good luck with your goals and again, fantastic job thus far!
    sj

Sounds completely daft but I noticed a difference the first time I did her "6 pack in 6 weeks" workout.
    I LOVE JM work out DVDs.

And agreed, the waist/stomach area is one of the last places I seem to lose weight from.
  • PheonixRizing
    PheonixRizing Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    When I went from 411 to 169 it looked like someone popped a balloon that deflated from my face down to my feet. Sadly, for us women... the last place we lose is our stomach >_< However, stick with it, do lots of cardio and ab work and slowly but surely it will shrink and tighten. Your doing great!!!
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    ProgressNotPerfection32 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Always the last place I drop, too. I hate my stomach and part of it is from having children and never regaining the abdominal strength back post partum. It will go away for you, eventually, be patient. ????
  • BodyReshape
    Options
    ... other people have told me that the whole starvation mode thing isn't true and our bodies storing fat isn't true.

I tried to lose weight by my cutting calories way down and while it worked temporarily it didn't last and I didn't lose as much as when I was eating healthier and increasing my exercise. I truly think that our bodies work to keep us alive so there is truth in that our bodies store fat in starvation mode.
  • gensteele1
    gensteele1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    The stomach is the worst. I'm 5'9 and 150lb and I have the dreaded "mommy tummy". The loose skin drives me crazy but I continue to train hard (weigh training and working at a calorie deficit). Sometimes there isn't enough to be done, but all you can do is keep trying. I can feel the muscle under the skin so its working, just at a slower rate than the rest of my body.
  • JameicaDenise
    JameicaDenise Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    First let me start by saying " you've done a terrific job losing the weight ". I have researched and I have found out that our body stores fat in starvation mode. Don't just take my word for it, do a little research for yourself, that's what I do a lot of the time. I started Hip hop abs on the 17th of this month and in the first week Ive lost 8.6 Lbs and 3 inches off my waist. I was shocked and grateful at the same time. I have a hugh stomach and it hangs but I will say not as much as it use to. Since Aug 22nd I've lost 37.8 Lbs and I will say I can tell a difference in my mid section. So dont give up and in time you can get it tightened. I know you cant spot reduce but you can build your core and tone. Try doing an ab program. Best of luck to you!
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    My stomach is my problem. It always wants to be filled.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!