Comparison Photos After One And Half Months Of Swimming Laps

Options
2»

Replies

• Mommy2akt
    Mommy2akt Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! You look amazing! Such an inspiration!
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Wow. I am amazed that you could go from 0 to 2 hours of daily swimming without injury! You are one lucky lady!

Oh, no. I put the WRONG NUMBERS for the minutes that I am swimming. 180 minutes!!! That's 3 hours!!! No Way! :noway:

Sorry for my error in the original post. I am not up to 2 hours yet. I only swim laps for ONE HOUR 5 days per week. Then, I swim laps for 90 MINUTES on Tuesday and Saturday. I may start doing a 3rd day of 90 minutes in a few weeks, but my hubbie (Coach Ed) does not want me (Mama) to overdo it. He keeps reminding me that I am 68 year old.

As for...injury...What's to injure? I am swimming not walking in the pool. I cannot walk in the pool, because that would put weight back on my knees; but swimming puts no weight on my knees and is almost effortless to me.

To answer your question, swimmer's shoulder. I delayed going to the physiotherapist for about a year---big mistake, and it took 6 months to fix it. You've got a great coach. Proper technique is everything!

I do aquafit 3 times per week, and swim laps 30 min after that. Want to increase my laps, but am doing so slowly. Your body sure shows what exercise does for us. A great NSV!
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    wow - you are so amazing, a true inspiration! and the difference in your body is already quite amazing. thank you for the pics!
  • Scubanana7
    Scubanana7 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE AMAZING. I am sold on swimming! and so PROUD of you. You look beautiful and radiant! I can't wait to follow your entire journey.
  • linbert57
    linbert57 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You can really see how much you have toned up in such a short amount of time. Keep up the great work and I'm sure the swimming will be great exercise after your surgery.
  • mustang6411
    mustang6411 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    just amazing!!!!
  • elainematto
    elainematto Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You are one cool brave woman!
  • RachelX04
    RachelX04 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    well done, your doing an amazing job and are an inspiration to us all. bravo
  • JuliesZenpuppy7400
    JuliesZenpuppy7400 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You so totally ROCK!!!! Way to go!!!! What an inspiration you are!!!! And you are soooo right about real bodies here on MFP!!! Sometimes I feel like all I see are people who are worried about their bodyfat%!! Really?!?! I used to way 420 pounds, all I want is to not be considered obese anymore!!!!!

Keep up the great work!!! You are doing awesome!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    You are a shining star! :wink: Thank you for your post! I have a few questions for you as I am also swimming but I've had no where near the great results that you got.

How long of a pool to do you have?
    How many laps do you do?
    Do you do any other exercises in the pool?

Thank you for giving me hope! I have injuries and they make it ridiculously hard to exercise.

:flowerforyou:
    Melisa
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU!!! The improvements in such a short time are definitely noticeable. Your smile just lights up your face in both photos.

I relate to everything you stated in your footnote. Very well said. :flowerforyou:
  • belle_of_the_bar
    belle_of_the_bar Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    You look incredible! You should be proud and your tan looks great too. :flowerforyou:
  • chethepoet
    chethepoet Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you for that. I really got motivated to take a photo of myself to see any change that occurs while on this lifestyle change.
    You go Girl!!
  • cowgirl527
    cowgirl527 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    great work you look real good. I love to swim:flowerforyou:
  • tracefan
    tracefan Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • sar1386
    sar1386 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    U look great:)
  • PunkinSpice79
    PunkinSpice79 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome! You look great!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous! And you are ROCKIN' that tan!
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    You are a shining star! :wink: Thank you for your post! I have a few questions for you as I am also swimming but I've had no where near the great results that you got.

How long of a pool to do you have?
    How many laps do you do?
    Do you do any other exercises in the pool?

Thank you for giving me hope! I have injuries and they make it ridiculously hard to exercise.

:flowerforyou:
    Melisa

1. How long of a pool to do you have? The pool is 40 feet long. I know, because I got curious about what distance I was swimming each day.

2. How many laps do you do? I don't count laps anymore. I started out struggling to do 6 laps, then 8, then 10 and so on. I was up to 24 or 25 hour, last month. I am guessing that is about the same amount still. I used to get confused, when I was counting laps; so...now, I just look at the clock and go for 60 minutes or 90 minutes depending on the day of the week. Tuesday and Saturday are my long days...at least for now.

3. Do you do any other exercises in the pool? After I do my laps, I will sometimes do some stretching of my inner thighs by the wall, since I cannot stand out of water and spread with legs without risk of falls or injuring my knees. That type of stretching is best done in the water.

4. If I am unable to use the pool (bad weather etc), I do Sit And Fit exercises using my DVDs at home. With those DVDs, I am using small hands for part of the time. However, swimming is using more of my body, and I am seeing faster changes.