Just Can't lose that last 5-10 pounds..

Options
I did so well.. Lost 15 lbs.. OK.. however my mental goal is still another 5. I can NOT lose. Tried everything.. I guess I need to readjust. Anyone else have this issue?

Replies

• sw2000sw
    sw2000sw Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm there right now actually.

It's a frustrating stage to be at.

I'm trying to do things that my body isn't used to.

I.e. working out in the mornings, eating carbs at night instead of in the morning.

Good luck :)
  • rgbushphd
    rgbushphd Posts: 35
    Options
    I hit the same wall. However, when I mix up my meals and confuse my body by changing up what and when I eat it seems to help. I lost my last 1 lbs these last two days. Finally at goal...well, the first goal...I have tacked on losing an extra 10 lbs. now. 250.6 lbs to 190.0 lbs today...hoping to push to 180.0 lbs in another four weeks.
  • akp4Him
    akp4Him Posts: 227
    Options
    In the same boat. Lost 90 pounds in a year and a half. Can't lose the last 10 to save my life!!
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    gentleman we are part of the same club---last 5-10 pounds is frustrating. Been sitting at 197 for three weeks--not longer then other plateaus but just trying to overcome it...and the BF% is stuck. Good luck boys---
  • JRSchumaker
    JRSchumaker Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    When I got down to 5 lbs left to goal, I took a break and ate at maintenance for a month. Afterward, I reset to lose .5 a week, and have had good success.
  • aliencheesecake
    aliencheesecake Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I only wanted to lose 15 to 20 and my body is really insisting on holding onto this last ten or 12... Last year I was damn near there, but apparently, nursing was helping me a great deal more than I realized, because when I stopped, that 10 came back. So in direct answer to your question, yeah, I'm there now, and I started adding some different exercises like more running, and eating cleaner (one friend reported losing ten pounds in ONE week JUST from eating clean!)
  • tracefan
    tracefan Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Just Scott... Not a gentleman actually LOL ALL WOMAN HERE ... lol But I see now that men have the same issues as women.. I think I need to mix it up.. I do workout in the mornings. I run 3-4 miles a day. I eat right but maybe need to switch the foods somehow..

CRAZY and FRUSTRATING!!!
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    pfft, ive been stuck at the last 20 to go FOREVER!! Anyone got hints for that??
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    In the same boat. Lost 90 pounds in a year and a half. Can't lose the last 10 to save my life!!

^^ THIS IS ME! Ive lost 80 in just over a year & im dying to hit 100!!
  • tracefan
    Options
    2 years later... I'm back I need to lose that 15 again
  • noryedgbannister
    noryedgbannister Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I dealt with that a number of times. I just changed up a little but kept at it. It took 3 weeks or so but my body realised I wasn't messing around lol. Just don't give up as frustrating as it may seem.
  • tracefan
    Options
    Thanks Nory