Snacks!!! Help!

Options
Ive been on this diet for 4 weeks now. Ive lost 15 lbs.

I eat 3 meals a day with 3 snacks.

I eat healthy balanced meals...and drink plenty of water & I exercise.

HOWEVER! At night shortly after dinner, I want to snack! So I grab a little snack... then I want more and more.. Nothing seems to fix it.. so I go to bed early and tell myself " your not hungry"

Any ideas on how to fix this BIG problem?:)

Replies

• holliwood97
    holliwood97 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I get this pop corn from Costco called skinny pop. its four cups for 139 calories. its a pretty good go too.... if you don't have Costco you can google places that it is sold..
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    Are you eating enough for your activity level?
  • Vorenus85
    Vorenus85 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Leave the 3 snacks until later on in the night? Either that or rework your meals so that you have more calories to work with at night.
  • ValerieHope300
    ValerieHope300 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Maybe Im not eating a big enough dinner im not sure. I was always told to try to keep meals at about 300-400 cals and then snacks below 100 cal each.
  • cpharmon
    cpharmon Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    For me I've found If I eat a good breakfast and then eat small meals the rest of the day that helps a lot. This includes very filling foods, including lots of veggies, nuts, grains & fruits. And stretching my calories so that I can eat a snack at night. Like grilled pineapple; it's like candy, homemade popcorn in coconut oil or, 1 square of chocolate melted for dipping strawberries, wafer cookies, adding bananas to a small amt. of ice cream with a very small amt. of caramel or chocolate hits the spot and I don't feel like I'm depriving myself. Hope you figure out what works for you!! :)
  • littlesprite11
    littlesprite11 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. Since I got to bed a little late I usually eat my dinner a little later and then have a healthy snack. Try to maybe figure out what your craving? And I know that sometimes it's not that I'm really hungry, I just like to sit and snack...lol..I know its not food but try chewing EXtra gum.Thats what they did on the biggest Loser.
  • Gorgeousaurus
    Gorgeousaurus Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Don't forget sometimes we mistake thirst for hunger. Make sure you're drinking enough water!
  • XTSH
    XTSH Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Usually I choose those snacks that comes in individual small packs. I just get one from the big bag in the kitchen and walked all the way back to my bedroom and ate slowly. Doing this, I know I won't take the trouble to walk back to the kitchen to get another serving
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    I like the drink called sparkling ice. its 0 cals. I put it in the freezer and get it slushy... they are so good, and always drink / eat one right before bed!
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    What is your calorie goal? Activity level? Height? Weight? Goal weight?
  • ValerieHope300
    ValerieHope300 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    What is your calorie goal? Activity level? Height? Weight? Goal weight?

I eat between 1200-1400 calories a day, I ride a stationary bike for 30 minutes which is about 17 miles. I go some strength training 3 days a week for 10 minutes each day. Im 5'4 was 284.4 now im at 269.2. My goal weight is 140lbs for now.