Carbs/Calories/Protien/Fat ARRRGGGG!!!

Options
So using the automated goal setter here in myfittnesspal.com and trying to lose like my last 15 poulds which are taking foreverrrrrrrrrrrr. this is their recomended consumption:

Carbs / Day 195 g
Fat / Day 47 g
Protein / Day 53 g

a total calorie intake of 1420 calories to lose 2 pounds per week... anyone know why its telling me to eat so many carbs??? is this right??? ive been trying to stay away from carbs?? HELP i look like a pear!!!

Replies

• shipleyak
    shipleyak Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You can customize the % carbs, protein, and fat under goals. It really depends on what works best for you. The most important thing is staying under calories.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    MFP's default spread is 55% carbs, 30% fat and 15% protein. Most people think that is too many carbs and not enough protein. I personally use 40/30/30. You can go into My Home-->Goals-->change goals-->Custom and change the percentages to what you want.
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    ya it sounds right:huh: carbs can be empty low in cal or fat so you can eat more:glasses: be careful of the fat ,if you get more than your body needs it start to store it:noway: we don't want that
  • micah2009
    micah2009 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Carbs aren't evil, the main thing is to limit the refined ones... white bread products and move more towards eating whole wheat and high fiber foods. If you are taking in fruits/veggies/ and whole wheat you will get those high carb numbers without the down sides
  • louloup
    louloup Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I changed my ratio to 40/40/20

If I eat too many carbs from bread and rice etc my belly blows up like a balloon so I get alot of my carbs from fruits and veggies :)
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    so IMHO, your mistake isn't your ratio, it's the fact that you have 15 lbs to lose but are trying to lose 2 lbs a week. Thats far to aggressive for someone with only 15 lbs to lose.
  • osram34
    Options
    wow good feedback thanks guys i got to adjust my daily diet... time to do some research :P thanks keep up the good work!