30-Day Shred -- Calories burned

Options
Not really sure how to log this for my exercise. Circuit training?

Replies

• Soccermavrick
    Soccermavrick Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Circuit is in my book "strength training", at least I can find that in MVP. It burns calories just no a ton. I think I average like 300 an hour. But if you are not resting between sets, and you are pushing your heart rate then it might be greater.
  • j3bean
    j3bean Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I log it as Calisthenics
  • brownislovely
    brownislovely Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It's under cardio and it burns at least 800 calories , type it in exactly "circuit training"
  • seraphinelle
    seraphinelle Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    It's under cardio and it burns at least 800 calories , type it in exactly "circuit training"

Per hour?

For the 25 minutes I'd reckon it'd be a lot closer to 300 at the very most.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options

Per hour?

I burn only 250 (approx) for 28 mins.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

Ummm - no. 30 minutes of 30 day shred is about 150-250 calories.
  • nurse_shell74
    nurse_shell74 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I wear a Polar HRM and I only burn about 119 when doing level 1 and about 140 during level 2. I am a very petite girl so that has an affect on it also.
  • sandralina
    sandralina Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Thank you all :D
  • Darmanin
    Darmanin Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I did the 30-day-shred. And i have a HRM. For the three levels I burned between 250-300 calories. The only time I got over the 300 was when I had done 20 mins on the bike before hand and was already sweating like a pig before I started. I am still 25-28 kilos over weight and not very fit. When I started the 30DS I was just under 10kg heavier than I am now. So may give you some idea on what someone who is heavier doing this program burns.
  • Idreamoflean
    Options
    I'm doing it and log it under cardio as there's plenty of sweating and jumping around. I count it as 150 cals for the 20 mins +warm up/cool down as I found a calculation you can do based on your own body stats to work out how much you should actually burn doing it. I don't think it burns tons so I don't want to overcount...
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options

Per hour?

I use an HRM and on Level 1 I was burining anywhere from 300-380. I just started Level 2 yesterday and I burned 400. I think it depends on how hard you push yourself and if you stick with the video and jump from exercise to exercise w/no breaks. I push 110% during the workouts and I think that has a lot to do w/it. I was definitely under-estimating my calorie burns though during other exercises so I would definitely recommend purchasing an HRM if you want a more precise number.
  • mrshallewell
    mrshallewell Posts: 318
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/15582-jillian-michaels-workout-group

group for people doing any JM workouts inc 30ds to motivate each other. please join us

apologies if ive already posted this link.
  • BoomstickChick
    BoomstickChick Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I used to do circuit training until I got my HRM.
  • MichelleAnn10
    Options
    On level 3 of the 30DS I burn between 175 and 190 calories. I wear a Polar FT40. I am 5'2 BMI 21.
  • cwaters120
    cwaters120 Posts: 354 Member
    Options

Ummm - no. 30 minutes of 30 day shred is about 150-250 calories.

^^ this. I wear a HRM and never burn more than 165 on 30DS
  • seraphinelle
    seraphinelle Posts: 36 Member
    Options

Per hour?

I use an HRM and on Level 1 I was burining anywhere from 300-380. I just started Level 2 yesterday and I burned 400. I think it depends on how hard you push yourself and if you stick with the video and jump from exercise to exercise w/no breaks. I push 110% during the workouts and I think that has a lot to do w/it. I was definitely under-estimating my calorie burns though during other exercises so I would definitely recommend purchasing an HRM if you want a more precise number.

It will depend on your current weight.

I don't have a HRM, but I too push more than 100% and I don't think I'd count it anymore than 200 calories.

(Ps I'm terrible about recording calories, anyone looking at my diary would think I'm starving myself)
  • megsi474
    megsi474 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I also only burn 150-175 doing it. Maybe closer to 200 on Level 3.
  • VeggieKidMandy
    VeggieKidMandy Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    When I weighed 311 lbs I burned about 450 Calories on Level 1 and Lvl 2 about 500 and that was if i pushed my self....now that i am 190 I burn about 200...I think it mainly depends on your activity level and your weight. It obviosuly takes a lot more energy for someone heavy to move than someone who is smaller.