Did you lose weight in your feet

Options
13»

Replies

• Harlequinndancer
    Harlequinndancer Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I think it also has something to do with the fact that when we're heavier we the weight presses the foot down and spreads the bones out a bit (hence making them 'bigger'). When we weight less there's less pressure on the foot and therefore it's not as spread/pressed out.
    IMHO
  • dlanoux
    dlanoux Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I sure did! Both in length and width. I have gone from an 8 to a 7.5 in most shoes.
  • FitSuga
    FitSuga Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Oddly yes and yet I always had narrow, smaller sized feet. I was generally around an 8.5 depending and I'm now 6-7.
  • dancinfree
    dancinfree Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I usually wear a size 10. But have noticed with my first 50lb loss that I can now comfortably get into a 9.5 in some brand of shoes and have no trouble walking around in them.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I wear a size 10, and I've always hoped my feet would shrink down to the 9 they were pre-pregnancy. But with 60 pounds lost, I'm pretty sure they're the only part of me that hasn't shrunk. Then again, they're the one part of me that actually stayed skinny.

Good luck shrinking. I'm still holding out some hope. ;)
  • Russelldm2
    Options
    Not a stupid question at all.....yeppir! Had to add support inserts into shoes to fit. That's good too though, because I enjoy the orthotics.
  • ruby1387
    ruby1387 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I too had this doubt. I lost around 11 pounds in 2 months time. I've noticed that my running shoes and sandals have become loose. Unfortunately, I didn't measure how much as I least expected to lose weight from my feet. Good to know that it's normal.
  • homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I lost weight in my feet. I was wearing a 9.5-10 wide width & now I'm back down to a 7.5 regular width (what I was wearing before I gained so much).

Interesting!! I can see your foot becoming more narrow but shorter??? Seriously? :huh:

I've found I've had to buy bigger sizes since being overweight, just to get enough width, so if your feet get narrower with weight loss, it's conceivable that you could fit a smaller size shoe.
  • shadus
    shadus Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Not a lady, but yes-- if you have significant weight to lose especially, you will lose weight in your feet. Mostly it comes in height and width though not so much length... although the general reduction makes the entire shoe fit better in most cases.

(I go from 11.5 mens to a 9.5 mens due to width changes, unless i can find 4e+ wide shoes)
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I went from a tight 9.5 back to 9 which was the size I was wearing when I had the same weight as now. My ring size and bra also reverted back to the size I used to wear when I was at this weight before.