Still Hungry...What to do?

Options
The last couple days even eating close to my allotted calories for the day I've been hungry and have no clue why. I haven't been real active due to overcoming being sick/not feeling great. It just doesn't quite make sense either...Like today, I didn't eat the healthiest but I still ate like 1,300 calories.

Breakfast was:
2 eggs
1/4 c Shredded Cheddar
1 Flat Out
3 pieces Sundried Tomatoes
1 cup spinach

made into a sandwhich.

Dinner was:
1 Amy's Southwest Burrito
1/2 Cucumber
1 c Spinach

Snack:
16 grapes
30 Blueberries
1 light cheese stick

EDIT: I did have a small bowl of cereal with 1/3 cup of light soy milk at one point too

Later I had just a little bit of ice cream because my fiance' had some....but what gives? I didn't have lunch due to having such a late breakfast. Any suggestions or anything? I'm hoping once I get to the store and pick up some healthier food maybe that helps...but no clue why I'm hungry...I think I even went over in protein, which is surprising being a vegetarian.

Replies

• tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Being hungry usually means you aren't eating enough.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    How much water are you drinking?
  • VeggChick
    VeggChick Posts: 23
    Options
    Yeah, that's what I figured, but I'm still trying to stay within my calorie goal.
  • VeggChick
    Options
    Today, about 3 bottles of water along with a black coffee.
  • sar1386
    sar1386 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Not to sound like I'm telling u what to do but my advice Is u need to eat more. Based on your list of what u ate your body is hungry as your not feeding it enough. Once as u said u go shopping to get some healthy snacks/food u can incorporate them in but for now u need to eat 3 meals plus snacks and if u have a late breakfast then make sure u have more top ups in your snacks. Pitta bread with humus or salad or homemade wholemeal garlic bread, breadsticks/ crackers, yogurts are all great snacks or boosters to lunches. I don't know your calorie goal but I think u should increase intake to 1500 that way u can be more flexible and incorporate a few snacks into ur day. Hope this helps u, feel free to add me:)
  • VeggChick
    Options
    You're totally fine. =] I don't mind suggestions or anything like that as long as they're phrased nicely. Currently, my calorie goal is set at 1,380. Yeah, I try to eat fairly decent, but once it's about the end of a shopping cycle it gets hard to. I think I'm going out within the next day or two though. I have some hummus, so I'll try adding that in with the cucumbers or something.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    How did you come up with the 1300 number? Your target might be low (without vital statistics, I can't be sure). Also, how are you measuring your calories? Are you eyeballing food or measuring it out? Your diary is closed, so I can't look, but the list you gave us doesn't add up to 1300. Unless there is more we're not seeing, I would guess you are undereating.
  • VeggChick
    Options
    For what I can I'm measuring out all my food for pretty much everything. MFP is what generated about what I should have in a day based off my activity level and weight loss goal of a pound a week.
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    1300 is really low. I'd up that to at least 1350 if not 1400. I'd also say quit skipping meals. Instead of having two big meals and a snack, do six small meals a day and you'll be more satisfied.
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    drink more water, if your not already, and if your still hungry then EAT! Not like stuff your face but until your satisfied. :)
  • grimendale
    Options
    You look to be relatively heavy on carbs and relatively light on protein and fat. A higher amount of fat and protein through the day can help keep you sated longer as well.
  • Imara6mara
    Imara6mara Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    How about adding a nice big salad to that? Only about 100 cals if you don't use a lot of dressing and all that fiber helps fill you up.

Also, are you factoring in exercise? Did you work out that day? If so your body will want more fuel.

Our calories are about the same (and I'm also a vegetarian). I've noticed that after tracking my food for a while & making notes about how I feel, when I do not get enough sleep I am voraciously hungry and have terrible cravings the next day. :explode: On the days I get enough sleep, I'm eating around the same number of calories but don't feel hungry at all. Maybe a correlation for you, too there so just thought I'd mention it.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • VeggChick
    Options
    I can try that out this week and see how it goes weight loss wise. I've been losing fairly fast, about 6 pounds in just under two weeks, so it might work out. Yeah, the meal skip wasn't intended, but I ended up not having time to fix a quick breakfast before church because my fiance's dad trapped me in a conversation, so I didn't get a chance to eat until after, which was around 1pm.
  • VeggChick
    Options
    I can try finding a way to add in a little extra protein. Maybe work in some tofu or cheese or something. I just keep going over the MFP recommended protein already. It recommends about 52g per day and I ended with 64g, so I was significantly over.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    are you having enough fibre in your mix? Some veg has very little like cucumber. Some cereals have more. Look at the printable breakdown of you food diary the last column there gives the amount of fibre you have eaten in the day. I think 15 grams is recommended. With the water it will help you feel less hungry.

all the best
  • misti777
    misti777 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    It's totally fine to eat more. 1,300 is a very small amount. If you exercise off the calories that went over your calorie goal, you are fine. Try doing something fun, if you don't really like working out. Like tennis. Aerobics are really good too. And vigorous cleaning can burn a good amount of calories. Put on some music and maybe dance and sing while you clean. Just a couple ideas :)
  • VeggChick
    Options
    Imara6mara-

I'll try adding in more salad. I usually don't use dressing, so I should be good. I'll throw in some spinach, zucchini, and cucumber tomorrow with lunch.

The sleep thing is interesting, I'll have to keep an eye on it. I slept fairly decent the night before considering I had a migraine. I slept about 9 hours, so I should have been fine on sleep.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Drink hot water. Works perfectly.
  • jamielynas
    jamielynas Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    food also works well
  • grimendale
    Options
    I can try finding a way to add in a little extra protein. Maybe work in some tofu or cheese or something. I just keep going over the MFP recommended protein already. It recommends about 52g per day and I ended with 64g, so I was significantly over.

MFP's protein recommendations are notoriously low. A good rule of thumb for protein and fat is 0.8g/lb lean body mass and 0.35g/lb lean body mass, respectively. These are minimums, so going over on protein or healthy dietary fat is fine. Gardein has some good options for high protein, low carb options (I particularly like the beefless tips and the mandarin chick'n) to help boost your protein (the morningstar chick'n strips are good for this as well). Cheese and tofu, as you mentioned, are also good choices.