CHEESE!

Options
What does everyone think about me trying to go without cheese period?

I figure as long as I get calcium somewhere else (which I do) it shouldn't be a big deal. But then again I'm not a nutrituionist. So I take it here and see what you all think.

Thanks!

Brian

Replies

• Do you have something against cheese? Seems to be a pretty harmless food (in moderation of course) to pick on...
  • Natalie511
    Natalie511 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi Brian,

Have you tried low fat cheeses....they have tons out there that are very good...
    But if you don't want to eat cheese at all I don't see a problem with that...and I am sure you can get all your vitamins somewhere else...
  • healthyforlife79
    Options
    Well, it's high in sodium , or seems to me to be. Plus, I've heard that it's a good way to lose weight, to give up cheese. And I'm the kind of person who can train myself to not want something, until I really don't want it, so I figure I can do it
  • ambercole
    Options
    What????? That's blasphemy! (covers cheeses ears) I have a bag of cracker barrel single serving extra sharp cheese slices in the fridge just waiting for an apple and a couple of slices of ham to come along. YUM!!!
  • healthyforlife79
    Options
    What????? That's blasphemy! (covers cheeses ears) I have a bag of cracker barrel single serving extra sharp cheese slices in the fridge just waiting for an apple and a couple of slices of ham to come along. YUM!!!

hahaha I LOVE that cheese!!! And extra sharp cheedar -- TOO GOOD!
  • Squash97
    Options
    Coming from one cheese addict to another (I'm assuming that's the problem here), then I think it would be good for you. I LOVE cheese. I can go wayyyy over my calories with it. I will sit down with a bowl of shredded cheese or eat 4 string cheeses in a sitting. When I was nursing my baby he had a milk intolerance so I had to go completely milk free for months. Amazingly I started losing weight before I even added exercise or any other serious changes. Taking milk out completely changed my diet because it is in so many things, including many baked goods. Once I was able to eat it again, it was much easier to go without because I was used to eating things without it. Now I have it more in moderation, little on a salad or scrambled eggs. A slice on a burger, but generally I keep it minimal. It's really hard at first but now I don't have the over indulgent problem that I used to have. Good luck!!!
  • sumrrain82
    Options
    I have to agree with Squash97. I have been completely vegan since June (and plan to stay that way). As soon as I made this switch, the pounds started flying off without any complications. I'm never hungry, I eat plenty of healthy stuff all day, lots of fiber! None of my friends who are trying to lose weight seem to believe me about this, but there has to be something about not ingesting all the saturated fat in meat, eggs, and dairy that the human body just loves. I know its really hard to fathom letting that stuff go (and that's because cheese has a natural chemical in it that makes you become addicted to it), but I've found that now that I don't eat it hardly ever my body does NOT like it when I do. So that makes it a lot easier to walk away from it.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    What does everyone think about me trying to go without cheese period?

I figure as long as I get calcium somewhere else (which I do) it shouldn't be a big deal. But then again I'm not a nutrituionist. So I take it here and see what you all think.

Thanks!

Brian
    Lots of fat in and if you wanna give it a whirl, I say go for it and see if you even miss it. Calcium is what's most important. :)
  • jastoffer
    Options
    I just found out recently that I have a milk allergy - so I've had to break up with cheese. It sucks, but I feel much better for it and have digestion problems a lot less. There are some pretty good vegan alternatives on the market, you just have to look around.
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    I don't believe you have to give up cheese to lose weight, as it is a staple in my house. Just portion control and use good quality cheese, not cheese whiz or those plastic american slices.
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I love cheese! I am a Low Carb Eater so, I eat all the cheese I want.....yum for cheese! Cut your sodium out somewhere else and keep the cheese :drinker:
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    There are so many fabulous cheeses...I adore cheese, love cave aged cheddar, love white Stilton with apricots, love apple wood smoked cheddar, love wensleydale, love caerphilly, love cheddar with caramelised onion...and I am not eating it much at all, because I love it so much and I can't stop if i start...a nice bit of cave matured cheddar spread with some fabulous local apple chutney makes my mouth water right now

Miss cheese SO much :-( it's my biggest miss to be honest
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    There are so many fabulous cheeses...I adore cheese, love cave aged cheddar, love white Stilton with apricots, love apple wood smoked cheddar, love wensleydale, love caerphilly, love cheddar with caramelised onion...
    :love: just found the imported cheeses by the deli. I have 1 oz, 6 triscuits........lost 35-40 pounds.

I love cheese paired with a fruit. Apples, pears, strawberries, blueberries........OK..........brb, need to fix a snack:drinker: