Pizza Base Recipe

Options
NarneyK
NarneyK Posts: 264 Member
Hi Guys,
I just wanted to share my pizza base recipe with all of you. It is super easy to make and approx 160 calories per slice + toppings. I make this pizza about once a week to replace the pizza I used to order, saving money and calories. I've also made this pizza for people not on a diet, and they all loved it. I hope you all do too! :)

Ingredients
2 cups All Purpose/Plain Flour + approx 1/4 cup for flouring your hands and make it easy to spread dough into your pizza pan
1 Tbsp Baking Powder
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
3/4 cup to 1 cup water
Salt to taste
Garlic Powder (optional)
Cooking Oil spray

Directions
1) Preheat your oven (190-200C / 375-390F) and spray your pizza pan with oil to prevent your dough from sticking.
2) Place the 2 cups flour, baking powder, olive oil, salt, garlic powder (if using) into the bowl of your stand mixer with the dough hook attachment. Drizzle a little bit of your water in and turn your mixer on low.
3) Slowly drizzle more of your water and then turn up the speed of your mixer. Keep in mind you most likely will not need the entire cup of water.
4) Once the dough comes together and cleans off most of your bowl you are set to go. Your dough will be sticky.
5) Flour your hands and drop your dough into your prepared pan. Slowly add a little more flour if needed, and spread the dough in your pan.
6) Add sauce/toppings, and bake it in for 15-20 mins (the more toppings you add, the longer it will take to cook so keep an eye on it)

FYI...If you've never made pizza before, make sure to put some cheese directly onto your sauce, then your toppings, and top with the rest of the cheese. The first layer of cheese helps keep your toppings from sliding off. Also, let it cool for a few mins before slicing into it, for the same reason. Hope you guys like it!

Replies

• Antoine112
    Antoine112 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks.. Going to try it for dinner tonight.
  • NarneyK
    NarneyK Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Thanks.. Going to try it for dinner tonight.

Np Antoine112. I hope you like it. I made it for dinner as well :)