4 hour body...

Options
I'm looking to connect with anyone who is using the 4 hour body/slow carb diet. I'm one week in and feeling great! Down 8 pounds in just the last week, and though I know it's not supposed to be good to lose weight this fast, I am eating so healthfully, so I figure all must be good. Tomorrow is my first cheat day and I'd love to hear cheat day tips from those of you who have been doing this for awhile. I want to do as much damage control as I can, as I certainly don't want to go backwards much! Feel free to add me as a friend :)

Replies

• JenS2009
    JenS2009 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I don't have advice for you, as today is my first day on the 4 hour body plan. I'm just wondering what meal/snack ideas you have. Did you eat every 4hrs? Looking for real life advice! Thanks!!
  • amp3435
    amp3435 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i love the diet and what it does to my body, but oooohhhhh how i LOATH beans any more lol. i did the 4hr diet spring/summer of 2011 and dropped 30lbs no problem. but then i was in 2 weddings back to back, and the stress and chaos with parties and showers and what have you made my drop the plan. in oct 2011 i found out i was pregnant! now that my little guy has hit the 1 yr mark and i dont need to worry about breastfeeding and my supply, i'm back to it!

anyone can feel free to add me if you want =)
  • amp3435
    amp3435 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i eat small meals every 3/4 hrs: 5:45am/9:15am/1:45pm/4:30pm
  • mdtprof
    mdtprof Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I started the 4 hour body just yesterday, and it s way more food than I am used to. If this works, it will be amazing. Keeping my fingers crossed, because it seems like something I can easily stick to (especially with the cheat day). How did you manage the cheat day?
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I have just started reading this. Keen to know how everyone is going.
  • yogasinger
    yogasinger Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Anyone still using this plan? Reading the book and love it. Would love to connect with others currently doing it. :)
  • katbrem15
    katbrem15 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    yogasinger wrote: »
    Anyone still using this plan? Reading the book and love it. Would love to connect with others currently doing it. :)

I just started today!

• KingsGirl4
    KingsGirl4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    What is it? I can't find a description of it.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,682 Member
    Options
    Tim Ferris is a snake oil salesman. All you're learning about is calorie deficit in his "specialized" program. Sorry, but I call it like it is being in this industry for over 30 years.
    Not to disrespect to those who want to continue to use his program, but for those who are curious, there are MUCH better programs to learn for no cost at all and are much more sustainable.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • corina150
    corina150 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You pretty much eat the same stuff every day 6 days a wk. Meat, beans, veg, then the 7th day you eat whatever. My brother's friend lost 120-130lbs on it. I'm skeptical cuz I feel like I would gain a weeks worth of loss in that 1 day. The dude claims that it prevents your metabolism from slowing down. idk? I'm thinking about buying his book but I found the basic rundown on this site:

http://fourhourworkweek.com/2007/04/06/how-to-lose-20-lbs-of-fat-in-30-days-without-doing-any-exercise/