Slimming Tea bags?

Options
Anyone used these and whats the best brand?

Replies

• jollyjoe321
    jollyjoe321 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Well, I would have thought tea had next to no calories anyway?

EDIT: Ah, right, not just low calories, my apologies
  • Amazingwillbeme
    Amazingwillbeme Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I mean slimming tea bags with metabolism boosting properties and appetite suppressant in them
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    They don't boost your metabolism. The most they do is act as a diuretic and a laxative, so you pee lots, have the runs and think you are losing weight.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    .... blink blink.

facepalm

just eat a deficit. you aren't going to drink your way to weight loss with out some adverse side affects.
  • CatAMcC
    CatAMcC Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I mean slimming tea bags with metabolism boosting properties and appetite suppressant in them

don't know if any specific white i drink white tea and its SAID to boost metabolism. Better than green tea and the taste can get used to after short time.
  • katc79
    katc79 Posts: 2
    Options
    If it's the ones i think you are talking about then they just make you poo lots and can mess your digestion up - - sorry x
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    do not use these unless you have time to sit on a toilet for hours waiting for the inevitable explosion. they have senna leaf in them which is a laxative. they're "slimming" because you lose water weight from bodily functions.
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    They don't boost your metabolism. The most they do is act as a diuretic, so you pee lots and think you are losing weight.

Surely anything caffeinated will to some extent boost your metabolic rate (albeit not very much) as a byproduct of artificially boosting your heart rate?

Though any tea that sought to do that by sticking 500mg in is something to be a tad concerned about.
  • Amazingwillbeme
    Amazingwillbeme Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Was just looking for something to suppress my appetite and heard they were good
  • Da1stLady
    Da1stLady Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I AM USING BADIA NATURAL HERBS TEA (NATURAL SLIMMING TEA) NORMALLY FOUND ON THE INTERNATIONAL ISLE AT FOOD LION (IF YOU HAVE A FOOD LION). YOU MAYBE ABLE TO ORDER IT ONLINE. I USE IT AT NIGHT BEFORE BED BUT DRINK LIPTON GREEN TEA DURING THE DAY. HOPE THIS HELPS!:wink:
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    1238512678_thread_wrecker_zps9650ba88.gif
  • Ophidion
    Options
    Slimming tea bag...

lol-i-got-t-bagged-spiderman-GUyLwq_zpsb1b98ef2.jpg
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Was just looking for something to suppress my appetite and heard they were good

The tea will supress your appetite as much as a glass of water will.

Tea will not boost your metabolism beyond the VERY VERY slight increase due to the caffeine... but if you tend to normally drink caffeine it will do nothing for you. Even if the caffeine will increase your metabolism the extra calorie burn will only be like 50 calories.

Those slimming teas are basically just caffeine and a laxative. Most contain Senna which is a herbal laxative and should never be used regularly as your body can become dependant on it.

If you are having trouble feeling hungry often, ensure you are actually eating enough first of all. Second, make sure you are drinking enough water as sometimes we feel hungry when we actually need water. Also, ensure you are getting enough fat, fiber and protein in your diet to help you feel fuller for longer.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Breathe through your nose.
  • Ophidion
    Options
    Sorry OP was only having a giggle no offense meant by it.

slimming tea bags, nope not worth the money or effort for the unrealistic promises they NEVER deliver.

Appetite suppressants are not that good for you unless you mean food (best appetite suppressant ever) moderation and vigilance is key.