Starting over...AGAIN!

Options
rebawagner
rebawagner Posts: 199 Member
2 years ago I started on MFP and lost over 30lbs! It was awesome! Last year "life" happened and I have gained 20lbs back :( I am discouraged but ready to face the fact that today is a new day and I am ready to start over! I have tried EVERY diet program, pill, scheme, and advice anyone has ever given me but the truth is FOR ME calorie counting and working our works best for my body! So today is day 1 (again) and I will not quit!!!!

Replies

• kaleena1983
    kaleena1983 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! You can totally do this! :)
  • mdtprof
    mdtprof Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I feel exactly the same way. It's so discouraging to begin again over and over and over. I wish you the best and hope that you recreate your previous success!
  • motogsp
    motogsp Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Staring over is always tough but you can do this. I am struggling myself. I too lost 30lbs and know I am back to where I started. You are not alone. Feel free to ad me if you want.
  • anaanti
    anaanti Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You go girl! I think that is the best to not have a diet, just stick with a plan what you can and cant eat and counting calories. For me MFP is so helpfull. So you can enjoy food and feel amazing. We are here to suport eachoder and all people can see If you will stick with waightlost or quit.
  • TraceyR68
    TraceyR68 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Me too!! Just signed back in today for the first time in almost a year, and I'm heavier now than ever : ( I am determined to get back on track though. Good luck to you!!
  • segwayne
    segwayne Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Reba (if I may?),

December 2011, I was 315#. 9 months ago, I was at 250 doing weight watchers in Chesapeake, VA. Then "life happened" and I moved to the DC area (which I loathe with a passion)... I quit Weight Watchers due to a variety of reasons, the biggest being a lack of support locally. 6 weeks ago, I was back at 283# and I only noticed when I couldn't fit in my "new" (smaller) work slacks... As of this morning, I'm doing MFP, and the Fitbit thing and back down to 275 and still moving forward...

Point is, you can get there, and there are a lot of helpful people here to lend an ear and a voice where needed. Just keep at it and don't give up, despite life happening around you. Best of luck, and "may the road rise up to meet ye, and the wind be at your back"...

Wayne
  • shelialou66
    Options
    Congratulations on having the courage to get back in there and try again. You did It once, you can do it again.
  • Idreamoflean
    Options
    Be positive as you didn't put all of it back on so you should have an easier journey this time around. Good luck.
  • amwood89
    amwood89 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat!! As you say, today is a new day though!!

My highest weight was 206lb back in 2011 & I now stand at 148lb! I've started dieting again recently after maintaining the same weight (around 158lb) for the last year or so & lost 10lb so far.

I'm really struggling to loose any more & really need to help & support to push myself & get to my goal weight, but I know I can do it & so can you!!

Good luck!
  • linda74824
    Options
    Hello all, following gastric bypass surgery over five years, I have now gained 20 lbs. I feel as though I am starting over again, we can do it.
  • INSANITY43
    INSANITY43 Posts: 142
    Options
    Misery loves company or so they say....I'm back to where I was 5 years ago :-( So disgusted with myself as I know where the blame lies. Somewhere I forgot myself and now I need to get back on track for me and my health. Good Luck!
  • happychic
    happychic Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I started over "again" last week. Good luck, girl!! We can do this!
  • trackmyday1973
    trackmyday1973 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Welcome back :)

Today is my first day on MFP as well.
  • segwayne
    segwayne Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    @amwood89

Congrats on the loss so far, but don't get discouraged by a plateau. Just set a shorter goal, say 3#. You'll meet that (no matter how long it takes) then set another of 4#. Before you know it, the plateau will be long behind you and you'll be golden.

Good luck,

Wayne
  • Allterrain_Lady
    Allterrain_Lady Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    If I may, don't see it as day 1 again.
    You probably know better by now than you did on your actual day 1. Knowledge is power, everything's going to be fine!!
  • Emlou19
    Emlou19 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi I want to lose 21 lbs and am starting mfp properly today. Hope I can lose weight soon.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    I'm with you...it has been hard getting back to it.. mostly trying not to beat myself up for regaining it all back. But, I had lunch with an older friend who was on a diet. She told me how she has lost and gained the same 20 pounds over the years of her life.. and this was the last time she was going to do it. She was very certain..like she just made a decision that this was the last time she'd have to lose the weight.

I feel the same. I'm losing it this last time because I honestly don't know if I can keep motivated to it again and again. My mistake was not weighing myself daily after I reached my goal. This time around.. that's what I'm going to do. In the meantime.. I'm setting my calories high so I can still enjoy food and lose slowly..because my willpower has taken a hit.
  • CSYounce
    CSYounce Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Me too! Me too! I have fallen so far off the wagon I barely remember being on it!

I am trying to be positive but is is hard - being so far from where I want to be. I know it is a process and I know I can get there. I need to keep active on this site and keep honest in my food diary!

I am counting on there being strength in numbers!

Let's go US!!!
  • Buckeyegirlbritt
    Options
    You can do this! I'm 10 weeks pregnant. I've exercised on and off those 10 weeks, but I always used the excuse, "I'm too tired." Well, I'm not too tired today, I did circuit training, so if a pregnant woman can do circuit training, YOU CAN DO IT, TOO!!!

Just remember when you fall off the horse, it's not the end of the world, you can start fresh the next day, and on those days when you don't feel like exercising, just thinking how good you feel when you do.

Best of luck!
  • mosy04
    mosy04 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hya welcome back u can do it xx