Database?

Options
JillTwiss
JillTwiss Posts: 139 Member
I have seen several posts with recipes that refer to a recipe database. Where would I find that? :ohwell:

Replies

• annie008
    Options
    This I want to know too....I just know you can create your own recipe. But I too have seen people get some from some database. Where is it??
  • Chikorita
    Options
    Go to 'Tools' and then click 'Recipe Nutrition Calculator" under the MFP Mobile picture.
    The direct link is
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/calculator
    It is a great tool and very clever.
    Yay for MFP!
  • JillTwiss
    Options
    I think I must be really dense because I'm still not seeing a database of recipes. :blushing: All I see is the calculator, where I can add my own recipes. I thought there was a database of recipes where I could search.
  • Chikorita
    Options
    Ok, I see what you mean. I thought that too. What it actually means is you build your own database of recipes that you use in your home. So I've added the ingredients for a couple of cakes and spag bol etc. But no one else can see them and they don't have the instructions, just the calorie content. I guess the label is a bit misleading. Could have a better name to describe exactly what it is. Make sense now?
  • JillTwiss
    Options
    :frown: Darn it. I thought we could share recipes with each other in a database. I know there's a forum for it so I guess that'll have to suffice. :wink:
    Thank you for explaining!!
  • chuckrhode
    Options
    Hey...just read your posts. I created a recipe, and was given the option to submit it to MyFitnessPal. If/when it's approved, it will be added to a "future" recipe database.....they're apparently waiting for more submissions before that will occur. In the meantime, enjoy everybody's submissions in the forum.