So discouraged!!

Options
I am having a rough week. I had lost 2 pounds last week after an 8 MONTH plateau. I started a running program in June, and am up to running 1.2 miles/5 days a week and I restarted the program with my husband, so I'm running almost 2 miles/3 days a week. I also just added Jillian Michaels 30 day shred over the weekend. 2 weeks ago I started eating at my TDEE instead of 1200 calories and I upped my carb intake from 20-40 net carbs. (I've lost 60 lbs in 2 years from nothing but low carb and no exercise). A needless to say, I was stoked when I dropped 2 lbs last week. I weighed today (weigh in day is Thursday) and I've gained almost 2 lbs BACK!!!!! :sad: I don't know what I'm doing wrong and why my damn body hates me so much. I just want to give up. I'm so discouraged. I thought the plateau was broken but i guess it isn't. I know I only have 35 lbs left so I'm close to my goal........... Could it be water retention from TOM? I don't start until next Monday........ Please help me get past this. :-(

Replies

• jdragione
    jdragione Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    With all that running and aerobics routine I am wondering if you are just gaining muscle (which weighs more than fat) and that's why it **appears** that you are not losing weight when indeed you are gaining muscle and losing fat.
  • Stenobun
    Stenobun Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I did the 30 Day Shred, so I know what I'm talking about. You will gain muscle doing that program, so your weight might not change a lot in the direction you want it to. BUT DON'T GIVE UP! It's an awesome program and I was so impressed by the muscle I gained from doing it. It will help kick your metabolism up, too. I'm stuck in a plateau right now, too, so I feel your pain. But it sounds like you're doing a fantastic job. Don't lose hope.
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    ProgressNotPerfection32 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I did the 30 Day Shred, so I know what I'm talking about. You will gain muscle doing that program, so your weight might not change a lot in the direction you want it to. BUT DON'T GIVE UP! It's an awesome program and I was so impressed by the muscle I gained from doing it. It will help kick your metabolism up, too. I'm stuck in a plateau right now, too, so I feel your pain. But it sounds like you're doing a fantastic job. Don't lose hope.

Thank you! Plateaus SUCK.
  • ST99000722
    ST99000722 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I can't comment on the weightloss, but the 30 days shred is a great program. Like many others I saw a huge change in my shape doing it, and it improved my strength and fitness no end.

Keep it up, it'll be worth it !
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    ProgressNotPerfection32 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I can't comment on the weightloss, but the 30 days shred is a great program. Like many others I saw a huge change in my shape doing it, and it improved my strength and fitness no end.

Keep it up, it'll be worth it !

Thank you. I have beard it's amazing.