Sadly there's no equivalent for men. :smile:
  • climbamnt
    climbamnt Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Bump for later, similar problems here!
  • Singelli
    Singelli Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Rather than spend money on expensive sports bras...here is my cheap trick....

I wear my regular, underwire, supportive bra under a cheap cotton sports bra - I've found going down one size on that sports bra than my usual size keeps everything nice and snug.

^This. That's exactly what I do. No way I can afford any of the others listed here! Yeesh! Just seeing those prices made me cringe big time!
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I've used both the Enell line (which are good but on long distance runs can lead to chafing) and currently am using the Freya line. I really like them but am always willing to change it up if I find something superior. A good sports bra is DEFINITELY worth the price you pay for them, I recommend going to a good boutique bra store that specializes in properly fitting bras to get measured and then, once you know your size in the style you want (as it can change between brands) feel free to buy it online afterward. Never assume that your "general" size will be the same as your sports bra size. I'm a 32G normally but both my cup size and band size can vary in different styles of bras.

And remember, your running bra should never see its first birthday!
  • melindalancaster1
    melindalancaster1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am A UK 40G and bought a shock absorber sports bra best thing i ever did no discomfort what so ever now when bouncing round doing classes or running highly recommend if you can get your hands on one :)
  • vickyjane1710
    vickyjane1710 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Debenhams own-make sports bras - im a 36f in them (36ff usually, but one size down keeps em a bit more controlled!!) and they are almost always on sale, around sixteen pounds. Gorgeous by Debenhams. In my opinion, they leave shock absorber and bravissimo in the dust!
  • smerkord
    smerkord Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    My vote for the Moving Comfort Juno. Sometimes you can get deals on Amazon on certain colors.
    I wear the Moving Comfort Fiona for everyday, and the Juno for running and bootcamp etc.
  • IbiH
    IbiH Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Good luck with finding a solution.

Sadly there's no equivalent for men. :smile:

Yes there is..... check this out!

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/zlatan-ibrahimovic-wears-a-sports-bra-bikini-combo-post-psg-0-real-madrid-1-pictures/
  • TattedInStilettos
    TattedInStilettos Posts: 331 Member
    Options

I wear my regular, underwire, supportive bra under a cheap cotton sports bra - I've found going down one size on that sports bra than my usual size keeps everything nice and snug.

And it works like a charm... holds the girls in place...
  • IbiH
    IbiH Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Debenhams own-make sports bras - im a 36f in them (36ff usually, but one size down keeps em a bit more controlled!!) and they are almost always on sale, around sixteen pounds. Gorgeous by Debenhams. In my opinion, they leave shock absorber and bravissimo in the dust!

Interesting, as their bras are not that great, will have to keep an eye out for one.
  • FruityLoops
    FruityLoops Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Before buying a sports bra I used to wear 2 bras plus a sturdy shelf-top to keep my boobs in place. It did the job for light impact stuff, but when I started trying to jog and do cardio boxing it didn't hold up, and I tried all sorts, including wrapping fabric around my boobs to hold them down (I'm a 38J so you can see my issue!), but that was just like wearing a corset and I couldn't breathe easily!

Now I wear a Royce Impact-Free sports bra, they were the only sports bra I could find at the time that went up to a J (they in fact go up to KK I think), and I'm pretty happy with it, no rib smooshing, just lots of support! Having said that I do still wear a soft cup bra underneath to keep the girls in line, but hopefully when they shrink a little in the near future I won't have to anymore, fingers xed! Isn't too pricey either, not sure where you are in the world but it's £24 on Bravissimo atm.
  • kellyhdent
    kellyhdent Posts: 46
    Options

^^THIS. I have an amazing UA bra that works wonders - but not with cardio, running, cycling... too much action going on! My other UA bra goes on top of it... those suckers don't move!
  • Th3stral
    Th3stral Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm currently in a UK 28H and I swear by the shock absorber level 4. I am a horse rider so they are well tested. They last me ages (compared to normal bras anyway) to boot.
  • msfine2328
    msfine2328 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I tend to wear my regular bra plus two sports bras. Or at least two sport bra.
  • stefjc
    stefjc Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    My favourite was discontinued. It was great as a 40F fitness and kickboxercise instructor it kept everything under control.

Have a look on the Less Bounce website.... they can filter by activity and have reviews too. I need to find a new one soon, my remaining 2 bras are too big and getting on a bit!
  • Alisa_d7
    Alisa_d7 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 12(34)G and I swear by my Berlei Ultimate Performance sports bra (http://www.berlei.com.au/sport-bras/berlei-your-body/extreme-support.html). It just sticks everything to your chest and it's amazing. I've never been able to run or jump before buying this.
    The sizes do only go up to 18(40)E, but I have the 12(34)E and I have no issues with fit at all. In fact, like a previous poster mentioned, I'd recommend going down in cup size to ensure a snug fit.

I believe it's probably difficult to find Berlei outside of Australia or the UK, but you can find it for a lot cheaper on eBay anyway, which is where I got mine. Lasts for ages too.
  • whipsmart10014
    Options
    I'm 34C-D post breast reduction surgery (years ago). I find that wearing a full coverage (front and back) sports bra one size too small keeps things in place quite nicely. Essentially a "minimizer" plus "back smoothing" style bra. The brand SassyBax was recommended by my surgeon and is the brand I continue to use. The bras last a couple years despite weekly laundering.
  • birdiecs
    birdiecs Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I'm currently in a UK 28H and I swear by the shock absorber level 4. I am a horse rider so they are well tested. They last me ages (compared to normal bras anyway) to boot.

Another 28H here and YES on Shock Absorber. I've also heard good things about Panache Sports bras.
  • ljdborton
    ljdborton Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    enell sports bras....awesome!
  • AspiringPinkPinUp
    Options

^^ I do this. Works great!