Did they do this on purpose?

Options
2»

Replies

• MinatoandClover
    MinatoandClover Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    It's probably not on purpose. One thing I think we tend to often forget is that eating is a social thing. Probably, on a subconscious level, your family just wants you to eat more to engage with them more. That said, I'd stand your ground. Don't eat more than what you're willing to eat, especially if it's messing with your plan. Maybe next time, just gently remind them that you're the one on the diet, not them, and that you'll do it how you please.
  • EatPrayLove02
    Options
    OMG. Something very simillar happened to me yesterday.My cousins were like "oh why don't you try that?Why don't you eat that?" .I'm actually kind of envy because you could keep on track and I kind of... fell :( .Well,maybe they did it one purpose,and I'm thinking that my aunt and cousins made it on purpose too.But really now-you know you're family and relatives better than we do and I think that you can figure out if they're doing this on purpose.

You should try to remember how they spoke,analize their gestures and facial expressions,their voce tone.It might help :)
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    When people try to load me up, I don't say "I can't, I'm on a diet" I say "I'll see how I feel after I eat ALL THIS." and then change the subject to how delicious the potato salad (or whatever) tastes.