Mission Complete... Well, sorta! (lots of pics)

Options
2013Jenn2013
2013Jenn2013 Posts: 38 Member
I have finally Met my weightLOSS goal. Now to sculpt and tone :) Here's my story.
I had my first baby in 2005. I think, at my heaviest, I weighed around 178.

230676_17292975001_6336_n_zpseb2d4500.jpg[/URL]

I never really tried very hard to lose any weight. Walked a little, tried eating a little better. Always made excuses why I couldn't workout. Biggest one was that I didn't have time cause I was a mom :huh: Couldn't eat healthy because the healthy food was too expensive and it always just went bad... (it doesn't if you actually eat it...everyday!) Anyways, long story short.... By the time I got pregnant for baby number 2 in 2010, I was down to 160. Just lost it from many failed attempts at eating healthy and whatever, it just came off on it's own somehow. Miraculously, came out of the hospital with him, weighing the same 160! By the time he was 1, I had lost 25 lbs. He was nursed and he had a dairy allergy, which meant I had to change my whole way of eating to fit his needs. No chocolate, no cheese :sad: , pretty much nothing prepackage! It sucked! Needless to say, as soon as I was done nursing, I ended up gaining weight from eating all the things I had to go without!

Fast forward January of this year, I was 149 lbs. I'm only 5' on the button. Was very unhappy with the way I looked. All my clothes were now too tight. Wearing heavy sweaters to "hide" my belly. My sister-in-law and I decided we'd challenge each other! Every Thursday, we'd take our babies to our local playgroup and afterwards we'd go for dinner. Our usual order is fries with the works! (Fries, ground beef, gravy, peas and we'd get poutine cheese added) She was tired of having a few extra lbs to carry around and I was very ready to do something about mine. So we decided to make a bet. Whoever lost the most weight in a month would get treated to our usual dinner! I got up every morning, 30 minutes before I had to wake my daughter up for school and I did Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred. Another friend suggested we try MFP too. I loved it. I felt so happy that I had finally decided to take some time out of my day for myself, and I was actually managing to lose weight and inches! By the end of the month, I had lost 7.5 lbs. and quite a few inches :bigsmile: That was motivation enough to keep going! I Decided to try Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 next! I just kept finding Jillian Michaels workouts to try and trying to squeeze them in every day or mostly everyday.
Now that my daughter is home from school, I find it hard to find a routine that is working with our non-existant schedule but I'm sure once school starts back up I'll be fine!

Here are my results from the time I joined mfp and Started working out! I hope this works...
74d78f05-bd09-4c89-9377-22c07f1e878d_zpse40d406c.jpg

ba5d86f1-8652-44d7-ab0a-fa698190dd1a_zpse4a69656.jpg

9786605d-3b7c-4f6c-9b9b-5a033581b89c_zpsce9b47f3.jpg

I tried lightening the "after" photo...I'm not a photo editor that's for sure!

0bee4030-03bb-41dc-8a77-7ac93f8fba8e_zps2d7a6c0e.jpg

b8933c89-34f8-4cb9-b678-aa422cc085f2_zpsbc3d6c19.jpg

6e576c23-c254-4314-8a3e-a13e3e5d8eb7_zpsc9084359.jpg

Now to get to work on lowering fat % and increasing muscles!

Thanks for reading!

Replies

• peanutbutterz
    peanutbutterz Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! We have the same story (sort of) except I am jus at the beginning I am doing 30 DS , am 5', 173 but I may be a little older. Although you lost 7.5 pounds it looks like so much more. Your so toned. I am trying to combine 30 DS with walking and other cardio on some days. Did you combine? How long did the 178-134 take you in total . I know you had some bumps in the road but from the time you got serious to now. Yes, I love cheese fries they are amazing!!!!
  • Your story and your pictures are very inspiring.! Keep up the good work!
  • 2013Jenn2013
    Options
    You look great!!! We have the same story (sort of) except I am jus at the beginning I am doing 30 DS , am 5', 173 but I may be a little older. Although you lost 7.5 pounds it looks like so much more. Your so toned. I am trying to combine 30 DS with walking and other cardio on some days. Did you combine? How long did the 178-134 take you in total . I know you had some bumps in the road but from the time you got serious to now. Yes, I love cheese fries they are amazing!!!!

I didn't combine. I just did the 30 day Shred EVERY day for the 30 days and was happy to squeeze in the 30 minutes of "me time" LOL
    From 178-134 took from March 2005 to August 2011. Because I hadn't changed my eating or really even did any workouts. I'd get the notion every couple of months I was going to start doing something about my weight and would get discouraged when I couldn't lose 10 lbs in 1 week! This time I took it from the "slow and steady wins the race" approach! Not over concerned about how fast it would come off, as long as I learned the proper way to get it off and keep it off!
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Check out that caboose! :D
  • bymyslf892
    bymyslf892 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
    Great job! Such an inspiration!
  • 2013Jenn2013
    Options
    You look fantastic! Check out that caboose! :D

:) Thanks! I thought it was funny looking at the side view pics that my "caboose" never shrank one bit! Not complaining!
  • MommaKit79
    MommaKit79 Posts: 852
    Options
    AWESOME JOB!!!!
  • Sassybmom
    Sassybmom Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    You are adorable! Way to go!
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Great job! Nice *kitten*!
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • mjkanaan
    mjkanaan Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! And don't complain about your caboose. You actually have a figure, and look fit, not just skinny. You worked hard for that, show it off!
  • misti777
    misti777 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? Because i'm 5'2 and I still have a hanging belly at 150 lbs. Here it looks like at 178 your stomach is already almost flat.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    beautiful. hey I like the way you took the pics too. that was really smart..you really are inspiration
  • tartsul
    tartsul Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    your legs and butt look awesome! NICE job!
  • dtuplin324
    dtuplin324 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Jenn, I am so proud of you. You look amazing, and you inspire ME everyday to get up and get moving. Love the pics. One suggestion, have more lighting on you, especially your later pictures with your amazing results. Keep it up, don't stop, because you are reaching more people than you know. Congrats again, Jenn, on your journey. Can't wait to see what happens next. :o)
  • 2013Jenn2013
    Options
    Thanks Everybody! You sure know how to put a smile on a girl's face :)

How tall are you? Because i'm 5'2 and I still have a hanging belly at 150 lbs. Here it looks like at 178 your stomach is already almost flat.

I'm 5' on the button. The 178 is the very first picture, holding my baby!
    The first picture in the sequences is @ 149 lbs! My stomach is not very flat. even still I have a pudge. Just found out not too long ago that I have ab separation so my summer task is to try and get the gap filled in so I can resume Jillian Michaels workouts in the fall when we get back onto schedules :)
  • ptsmiles
    ptsmiles Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Great work, you look fantastic! My final kick in the butt was last year when I was asked to be the Matron of Honor (I hate the word "Matron", it makes me feel old) in my cousin's wedding. I started to exercise 4-5 days a week for at least 30 minutes. I would wake up, get the kids dressed, get them breakfast and then squeeze my workout in before they left for the bus stop. I'm out of sync now that they don't have to be up for school, but I'm still able to get my workout in. I dropped a jean size in about a year (I know that is quite the time span, but I'd rather loose it slowly and be able to keep it off than quick results and have it come back).
  • 2013Jenn2013
    Options
    Jenn, I am so proud of you. You look amazing, and you inspire ME everyday to get up and get moving. Love the pics. One suggestion, have more lighting on you, especially your later pictures with your amazing results. Keep it up, don't stop, because you are reaching more people than you know. Congrats again, Jenn, on your journey. Can't wait to see what happens next. :o)

Awe, thanks Dionne! So funny, because you were actually my inspiration to keep going most of the days! I would see your workout updates on the days I didn't feel like getting off my butt and I'd suck it up! :) Thank you for that! I Only Hope I can motivate a few people to meet their goals and keep pushing!
  • grider055
    grider055 Posts: 20
    Options
    :heart: Thigh Gap
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    High Five!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!