Need Help -- Upping my Cals?

Options
Hey guys,

So, when I first started on MFP I ate 1200 cals a day and lost 20 lbs in about five months. Now, two years later I've been restarting this weight loss process for the third time with only 10 lbs to go until my goal weight. I'm currently at 130 and have slowly reached a goal weight over the past two years, maintained that for awhile, and then decided to lose a bit more.

Here's my issue though, I am feeling realllllllllly hungry on this 1200 cal deficient this time around. Not to sure why this is could be stress, could be a lot of things, but regardless I am.

I went into Scoobys Workshop Calorie Calculator and got these stats with a 20% calorie reduction:

Your Daily Calorie Requirements
-Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) 1253
-Daily calories to maintain weight (TDEE) 1942
-Daily calories based on goal in step 6 1553

Here are my stats:
Female
CW-130 lbs
GW-120 lbs
23 years old
4' 11" tall (give or take a quarter inch)
I workout almost everday but at least 5-6 times a week. I run M-W-F and strength train afterwards. On T-Th-Sa-Su I just do whatever I feel like whether it be yoga, Zumba, circuit training, or a combination of the three, sometimes I will just go to the gym and do each of my favorite machines for about 15-20 minutes for a good cardio workout.

So, should I follow Scoobys Cal Calculator and up my calories to 1550 a day?

Thanks for any advice!

PS: Sorry this is so confusing I really stink at understanding this calorie calculation process.

Replies

• AAX2
    AAX2 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I would definitely say up your calories. If you were not working out 1200 might be okay, but with you working out you definitely need more calories than that.