Zumba

darkim9
darkim9 Posts: 2
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
I am loving this class! The instructor had a calorie counter on during our 1 hour class. She said she burned over 6oo calories. When I logged in the exercise, it said 268 colories. That is a huge difference. Which one is correct?

Replies

• Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    for each one it would different to a point. age, weight, and other factors determin cals burned. That is a big diff but hard to say. I can do almost 600 just doing simple wateraerobis for an hour
  • Rengaldoll
    Rengaldoll Posts: 16 Member
    I do zumba atleast once a week-I think the calories you burn depends. For me, as I've gotten the moves better I can burn more calories, I know jazzercise which is less intense burns under 300. Zumba is more intense so I put it at abut 400.. If you can keep up with the moves and do the extra jumps, add spins, for the intensity, then it can be 600. I think my instructor can burn that much I don't know if I can yet! What are yur thughts? Where do you take Zumba?
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    I do Zumba 3-4 times a week. I weigh 161 lbs and I am 26 years old. I burn atleast 600+ cals an hour. It does depend on the intensity of the class though. A few weeks back (with the same instructor I always use) I burned over 900 cals according to my HRM. She really pushed us that night. So it really depends on how hard you work, but it is possible.
  • angebean
    angebean Posts: 195 Member
    Someone was wearing a HRM in our last class. She was prob 5'5 170ish and it said 1002 calories by the end of the class.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    I average about 400 on my HRM. Previous poster says he does 600 for 60 mins of water aerobics. WOW! My HRM says about 300 after an hour. I work it really hard too! Just a difference in size and sex, I am sure.
  • AwesomeMe
    AwesomeMe Posts: 12 Member
    I love Zumba. You certainly sweat and time flies while having fun! :flowerforyou:
  • They should add zumba for exercise. I am sure it is more than 268 calories!
This discussion has been closed.